PDA

View Full Version : Has it gotten better for you in the last few days?

STUBBLE BUM
12-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Well lads; I'd say 95% of our birds have bugged out so you should be seeing some new birds by now unless they stopped short on the North shore of Lake Ontario again this year. Tuesday morning the bottom fell out of the thermometer and I watched birds high and heading South for about an hour; mostly mallards as the resident geese stay here right 'til the bitter end. With that big Nor Easter moving in for the weekend I hope you have some great shoots shortly - we saved a few for you. STUB

VTblackfoot
12-05-2003, 06:12 PM
me and goosespirit were out tuesday morning (BRRRR) and the shooting had improved a lot, but we have a list of the shoulda coulda's for ya; only ended up with 4 birds. We are gonna be out again tomorrow - should be good. will let ya know.

DUCKSBANE
12-05-2003, 08:27 PM
We have been smoking them all week. Spent four days in NY and sandy pond area and killed out every day on ducks and geese for 3 guys. We got it goin on now!!!!!!!!:pl: :TT: :sn: :Bn:

DUCKDIGGLER
12-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Had a good shoot last evening and "shot out "this am in the "Nor'Easter" ha!

Looks like a few more geese pushed down this week.

Are you guys still gunnin'em up there STUB? :HUH:

DrBob
12-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Stubby, THE answer is......

YES

DUCKDIGGLER
12-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Details Dr., Details??:JW:

V BOARD
12-06-2003, 12:19 PM
I Agree with DR BOB.. Wait till this front moves through and the real games begin!!!!:hest: :in:

jeff kreit
12-06-2003, 02:52 PM
thanks for senting new birds -we got a foot of snow today our season opens wednesday saw alot of high flyer today jeff

Mike B
12-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Good shoot this morning in the snow. Hopefully the duck hunting will be better now also.

:in: :in: :wak: :wak:

DUCKDIGGLER
12-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Atta boy Mikey!! Way to hunt when the weather is "RIGHT" !!

Did ya have any partners? There were only 3 of us, so it didn't take long. Any more bling-bling??:cool:

STUBBLE BUM
12-08-2003, 08:28 AM
DD - We're still hunting here until the end of December for geese and the 20th for ducks. The key is obviuosly finding open water; something with a current or that the wind keeps open. Saturday we hunted North of here if you can believe that and it was very cold. We set full body mallard decoys on the ice along with some bigfoots with the feet off and heads turned backwards to look like sleepers and a few sentries thrown in for good measure. We threw out a dozen bigfoot floaters and about eight mallard and black decoys. It was slow but at least we were out. Reddog and I managed to get three honkers and a duck. Had we stayed longer I'm sure we'd have gotten a few more but at this stage in the season it was just an excuse to float the decoys and shoot the breeze. Glad to hear things are picking up for you. Later this week it's supposed to warm up and rain here - December in Ontario. STUB

DUCKDIGGLER
12-08-2003, 08:34 AM
I hear that Stub! Can't kill'em on the couch!

We are expecting that rain also. They are sayin highs in the 50's and a good soaker. The fields ought to be a mess by the weekend, 12" of snow melt and rain on top, oh goodie!! Glad I got new tires. Keep after'em brother, I know I will. Good Luck and look for jewlery! Yee-Ha!!:Bn:

Mike B
12-08-2003, 04:12 PM
DD There were only 3 here also due sickness. Done by 9:30. birds came latter than usual. The guys you know don't like to play in the bad weather. :sn: Makes a better hunt for us.

Mike

VTblackfoot
12-08-2003, 04:13 PM
pickin up now - killed 12 greenheads and 1 black on Saturday 6 greenheads and 2 hens on Sunday and one band

Sinkbox
12-08-2003, 05:31 PM
We saw a duck this past Sat ...well, we think it was a duck, might have been a UFO. :rf: would have been a better to bet it was a UFO.

Still nothing this far South yet.

Sinkbox <><:hp:

VTblackfoot
12-08-2003, 05:52 PM
hang tight, Sink - they'll get there (at least some of 'em):bang: