PDA

View Full Version : HERE THEY COME!!!!!!

Keith McGowan
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
While I was out letting birds get exercise swimming around the decoys tonite, I saw a TON of new migrators come down. Had to have be 3-4000 come right over where I was, so GOD only knows what that'll do to our overabundance of geese here in MD and DE.

Keith

mdgoosehunter
12-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Saw at least 25 flocks of geese today fly over in about 2 hours time. God bless the snow!!!!:Art:

jeff kreit
12-07-2003, 05:33 AM
i saw them in groves some one open the door and let em go --keith call me and we will kill more then 1 goose --jeff

DUCKDIGGLER
12-07-2003, 09:46 AM
God I hope this 12" of snow melts quickly or my season is gonna be over soon! Plenty of open water around here but now all the damn food is covered. I'm hopin the wind at least clears the high spots off in a few fields so the honks can get some grub so they will stick around.:CY:

Sinkbox
12-08-2003, 05:36 PM
:Bn:

Devil made me do it D/D.

Still nothing this far South yet.

Sinkbox <><

Saw this elsewhere, seems there is still alot ot come down yet.
Tons of Mallards in Southern Ontario
We went out to a local corn field last night and you should have seen the ducks! There were huge flocks of mallards totalling many thousands working our decoys for about an hour and change. They were hard to get in good range, they would just circle and circle. Usually on about the 5th or 6th pass we'd get a crack at them. The small flocks would drop in no problem but these flocks of 100 to 500 were hard to get close. A few geese came in but not as much as usual. I've seen thousands of mallards at this field every year, but this year was the most. There were three hunters and we got 13 mallards and 6 geese. The one hunter only got 1 bird (new gun). I did some of my best shooting in a while with 3 doubles and 4 birds in a row (for me that's very good!). I'll post pictures when I get them.