PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your geese?

limey
08-07-2000, 11:38 AM
Just curious. What do you do with all those geese you shoot ,surely you cant eat that many in one year or have you big families.I have fifteen brothers and sisters to feed?!!!

Flocknocker
08-07-2000, 03:46 PM
I take allot of mine in and have pepper stick and Greman Sausage, UMMMMMM good stuff. I also make jerky out of is and breakfast sausage. But the best way in the whol wold is with Flock Finisher. You won't have any left I promise.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Bill Collector
08-07-2000, 03:56 PM
I'm with flocknocker! The finisher is the best!

I smoke some for jerky, grill some with finisher, occasionally roast one in the oven, or crock pot the breast meat.

Hey, Flocknocker, do you just bring in a bunch of goose breasts and have them make the breakfast sausage or do you do it yourself? Do you add pork or beef? Might have to try it.

NR

------------------
Bill Collector

I collect bluebills, ringbills, spoonbills or any fowl with a bill!

Flocknocker
08-07-2000, 04:25 PM
They add some pork to it yes. I just take it in from time to time when I get about 50.lbs. Last year I took in over 175 pounds. I give some to the farmers where I hunt they love it. The German sausage is like deer you would never know the difference. I have some made when I go to Canada also. Now them boys up there know how to make sausage.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Go4Ducks2
08-07-2000, 08:21 PM
We grind it in with deer meat, little habanero,cayenne for some heat and spice to taste, into the jerky shooter it goes.
Onto the dehydrator, don't last long around my house.
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

goosejuicer
08-07-2000, 09:15 PM
We make jerky in the oven! Marinade it with worcestershire, soya, hickory, hot sauce and dry her out. Or, fry it in bacon fat/butter with soya and worcestershire.(shhh-do you hear that, those are my arteries screaming).mmmmm-mm.

BRANTA
08-07-2000, 10:16 PM
Baked low and slow. But look forward to the flock finisher spices. first I need to get a goose. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif Is it September yet!

------------------
"Why take-em tall when you can finish them"

take-um
08-08-2000, 08:23 PM
i make my jerky in the food dehydrator we have to make alot of it cause the goosejuicer and i get hungry sittin in the blind. i think i'm going to have to try that sausage