PDA

View Full Version : Scar Face

Tim Williams
12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Duffy, my 4 yr old FBL was either bitten by my wifes stupid, dumbass dog or she tied it up w/ a barb wire fence. She has a 3/4" scar on the bridge of her nose & when I take a picture of her it shows up white. The hair will never grow back, & I was wondering if there is something that I could put on it to make the scar black. Would a hair dye work on a scar? Any suggestions?

chcltlabz
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm confused, are you worried about the scar for pictures, or just want to get the scar to go away???

If you want to help the scar go away, some vitamin e oil will help reduce the scar tissue, and should allow the hair to grow back.

As for pictures, I would try some face paint, which shouldn't bother the dog at all. We used to burn a wine cork and rub that on our faces to help hide also.

Just remember, chicks (or bitches) dig scars:hest:

STUBBLE BUM
12-11-2003, 02:39 PM
So let me get this right chcltlabz....my vasectomy scar will help me get chicks......man I learn more on this site everyday. (I gotta get ahold of Bear Caller; with that labotomy scar the babes will never leave him alone):rf:

BEAR CALLER
12-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Tim,
Don't worry too much about it. I have a MCL who decided he would like to get to know a BIG male barn cat. He was only a pup and had his face scratched to know end. He still has a few scars on his nose but they have darken up pretty good and you can just make them out know. I was worried the same as you but I was told they should darken up and be OK.
Stub, I never thought you guys could see those labotomy scars. I've been using that stuff Ron Popeil sells for Ronco, Hair-in-a-can and I thought it was working. :CL:

Woods and Water
12-11-2003, 04:43 PM
My old BLM had a encounter with a low hung wire out chaseing pheasents once,and it took a couple years before the scar became unnoticable.The vitamin E oil would help,keeps the skin moist.......but chicks do dig scars...:tn:

chcltlabz
12-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by STUBBLE BUM
So let me get this right chcltlabz....my vasectomy scar will help me get chicks......man I learn more on this site everyday. (I gotta get ahold of Bear Caller; with that labotomy scar the babes will never leave him alone):rf:

If you can get them to let you show the scar to them, you're half way there. I can't get you the rest of the way man.:JW:

:uh: :uh: :uh:

DOGDOC
12-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Before you settle on the scar being there forever, give it some time. Often scars that look like they are there forever are not. Much depends on exactly which tissues the bite damaged(the haired tissue on the snout vs. the actually skin on the nose...). Vit. E may (or may not) help heal it.
I don't know much about hair dye, but i bet if you hold tight, the scar will shrink down (you can always have it surgicaly removed). But, whats wrong with a scar here or there? It builds character!.

GanderHammer
12-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey fellas, I dont know much about training dogs but I break horses for the public as a side job(decoy money). The wild ones are notorious for getting cut up from time to time and folks cant stand it when their baby has a little scar. My dads old trick for a bad cut was to rub salt into it and then put bacon grease on it for a few days until it was fairly healed. I know this miracle cure sounds kinda redneck but it has worked for me on more than one occassion. You can use it or laugh at it, just dont blame it on me if the dog looses all of his hair and looks deformed or something.

Tim Williams
01-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Thought that I would let you guys know that the scar has darkened nicely. Not very noticable. Thanks for the info.