PDA

View Full Version : Working with a modified MC call?

10gaDago
08-08-2000, 02:59 PM
I have a modified MC that 10gaOkie made for me, if any of you know him. I got the reeds from him and he tuned it. The reeds are from you Flocknocker, if you read this. My problems is that when I was hanging out with him and some other goose hunters who can blow really well, I seem to be able to harmonize with them and get good sound. When I'm by myself driving other motorist crazy with my calling as I drive back and forth to work, I can't seem to get a good sound going. I've got a tape of Mick Lacy on the flute call and understand that these are very different styles but it is all I have right now. Anyone have any advice for a beginning caller? I think I can get the greeting calls ok, it's the hail calls that dont seem to sound right. Almost like my MC doesnt sound good on the lower end. Is this normal for a short reed? Help?

thanks , 10gaDago

BRANTA
08-08-2000, 03:05 PM
Try getting the new Fred Zink video that Flocknocker has on his site. It is pretty good and should help you out.

Flocknocker
08-08-2000, 05:01 PM
Hey 10 do you chew like Chris does?? If you do rinse that thing out with warm water. Then blow hard trough it and make sure you get it all out. If not give me a call and I will help you get the right sounds. Fred is not big on come back calls if that is what you want to learn. E-mail me first and make sure I am home. The words I use for the easiest come back are EEEE AWWWW. To get the growl, growl like a dog GRRRR GRRRR. The to get the hi part put the IT so GRRRR- IT and pop the air to it when you say the it. I have some of the Zink Videos for $14.95 if you want to go that way. Throw that tape you have away if you are going to use a short reed, it will just keep you scewed up. If you need help just give me a call and if it is the call out of tune I will tune it for you for nothing. We will get you going just takes some time is all.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"