PDA

View Full Version : What would your lanyard hold?

MN (Strait) Meat
08-09-2000, 06:04 AM
Alright, a new twist on the old "favorite call" question. If the season were to start today, what would your lanyard be holding? For me it would be my #1 Bill Saunders'delrin, cocabola/acrylic Foiles, acrylic Foiles and of course the Zink (which I need to work with a bit). Let me know what you guys would be packing!!

puddlejumper
08-09-2000, 08:01 AM
My lanyard ALWAYS has a half-breed on it. That call is the most versatile call I've ever seen. Now, my second spot used to be for my Long Honker, but I just bought a Saunders Delrin this week! I can't wait to get that thing out of the shipping box - who knows, maybe it will make a run for the #1 spot! (I hope)

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

BRANTA
08-09-2000, 08:11 AM
I would be packing a Original Guide Series goose call and a Traffic Call. Oh I see a speck call hanging on the lanyard too. But if it were to start today I would be screwed I dont have any shells!!

------------------
"Why take-em tall when you can finish them"

Ben-IA
08-09-2000, 08:32 AM
Right now it would have to be my TG acrylic Super Mag, Foiles Migrator, and my Zink Paralyzer. But by the time hunting season actually starts I might have a Saunder Acrylic or delrin Guide Series and a traffic call.
Ben

buckduck
08-09-2000, 10:55 AM
I carry a Ken Martin,a grounds mag and a H&K double cluck.I am looking at a folies but there sure high.I don`t have a acyrlic for geese yet so I`ll probley end up with one.

------------------
Appose gun control.It`s hard to hit ducks with rocks

Joe
08-09-2000, 02:30 PM
On my lanyard ill have my new fred zink call, my long honker, and maybe something else before the season begins

Bill Collector
08-09-2000, 02:34 PM
Luckily, I don't have too many calls to decide between. So I would probably grab em all. In the order I would use them: Zink, Pit Boss, Flocknocker HB, Long Honker (In pocket, hopefully not to be used!!). I haven't even blown the "aluminator" since the second day I got it back. I need to get to work on that.
NR

------------------
Bill Collector

I collect bluebills, ringbills, spoonbills or any fowl with a bill!

Gooseguy
08-11-2000, 04:04 PM
My Lanyard would hold the Sean Mann Express and Long Honker for geese and the DC Smoke and Carlson Equalizer for ducks. Anyone else like Sean Mann calls?

Wtrfwlr
08-11-2000, 05:43 PM
I also have a Sean Mann Express. I bought it earlier this year and have yet to hunt with it, but I like the way it sounds. I plan on using it along with the TG Long Mag, Half Breed and Magic Magnet. My thinking is that if the birds are responding to the short reed sounds, I'll hit them with the flute.

BaRtMaN
08-11-2000, 09:48 PM
it would have 2 tim grounds (guides best) and primos wench P2 and my duck commander drake whistle, and of course my dog whistle http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif I always keep a duck call on my goose lanyard ya just never know when ya might need it http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
"TAKE'EM" BaRtMaN

Flocknocker
08-11-2000, 10:07 PM
Goose bands???????

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

goosejuicer
08-12-2000, 05:32 AM
My lanyard will hold a Flocknocker tuned mag-clucker. Ask me the same queston next year after I've practised and bought me a couple more custom calls. Maybe a Saunder's, Ground's, or a Zink.

Blackduck
08-12-2000, 05:30 PM
My TG long mag because it has proven itself(to me), then a call the "hated featherhead" bill smith is gonna give me that I've heard on the phone that sounds damn good, and then new fred zink call I bought and that is waiting at home for me when i get back in a week. The fred zink might be higher on this list, but I haven't even touched it yet so we'll see. But since I paid $150 for it, it goes even if I can't make it fart. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

10gaDago
08-13-2000, 04:39 PM
Well, this rookies lanyard is pitiful caompared to you vetrans. I have an MC with one of Cliff's shaved reeds, a Primos shaved reeds snow call and a Primos speck call. The alst 2, my wife got me for X-mas last year. Hmmm, maybe a Zink or Saunders call might be the idea this year? What do yo guys think? he he he