PDA

View Full Version : dog is sick -- help!!!

phoneman
12-28-2003, 10:17 AM
I have a 3 year old chesapeake that I had out hunting yesterday. The field that we were hunting had just been fertilized about 10 days prior, plus my dog loves running around with corn stalks while we're setting up. Since we got back, he has been very loafy, won't eat, and has vomited once (corn stalk pieces). Another possible problem is that my whole family feels the need to give him all sorts of CRAP treats for the holidays i.e. rawhide, jerky treats and all other sorts of junk. Should I let this take it's toll or should I take him to the vet? PLEASE HELP
Thanks,
Phoneman

Ruff
12-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Take him to the vet's!!! If the dog has been poisened by the fertilizer every minute lost could cost you a dog. It's could be nothing but why ask someone that can not see your dog and has no vetenary training what to do. If he's vomiting get him to a Vet.

rustygunner
12-28-2003, 06:20 PM
:Deb: get your dog the the vet, dont wait around.

Yellardawg
12-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Get him to the vet, if they feed him a bunch of junk it could be pancreatitis and require some professional care.

YD

Bob Onit
12-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Take him to the vet!:ST:

motherplucker
12-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Cain't believe you man listen to these guys:CZ:

Woods and Water
12-30-2003, 04:07 PM
The way you described your dogs actions I would get him in ASAP.
Good Luck!!!!

DOGDOC
01-03-2004, 10:15 AM
I agree, either way, get him to a vet. The fert. is not good for him, but neither is a bunch of junk (inclulding raw hide!) in his gut. Either way the vet can fix him ,just get him in.
Good Luck!