PDA

View Full Version : dog food choices and debates

JK
01-28-2004, 03:03 PM
i have just recently moved to southwest nebraska...out in the middle of nowhere. as a consequence of my relocation, i have given up my access to specialty feed and pet stores that carry high quality dog food. however, i do have a super walmart an hour away. :tu: its my only practical choice!
question is: i have heard that Purina One and Pro Plan have the same exact ingredience, but they are marketed to reach both consumer levels. on the other hand, i heard that the ingredience level of Pro Plan is superior to Purina One. Does anyone have an educated answer...not just an opinion?

i would like to find a good quality dog food with a reasonable price, too. so its a double odjective question. i have been feeding my CBR Natural Choice, but cannot find a distributor in my locality. thanks.

jake

Woods and Water
01-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Jake have you tried your local pet/feed store to see if they can get a certain company to deliver....?Just an idea,good luck bud.

Ruff
01-28-2004, 03:25 PM
From what I have found out is that Purina One and Pro Plan does have the same ingredience as the other. But the grade of igredience is higher in Pro Plan better digestability. And if you feed the Performance pro plan they are at the top of the food chain as far as Purina goes with no close match. You can go to most major feed comanies and they should have a dealer locator at their web site to help you find the nearest dealer/s in your area.

Ruff

rustygunner
01-28-2004, 04:31 PM
See if you have a trainer close by..they usually order dog food in bulk...you might be able to purchase some from him/her
rusty

shootem
01-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Most feed stores can and will order any dog food you want! I have tried allot of dog foods over the years for a number of reasons, I always go back to Pro Plan Performance. My brother runís a feed plant and I can buy several dog foods at net price. I still buy the Pro Plan Performance.

JK
01-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Thank ya fellas!

jake

Woods and Water
01-29-2004, 05:40 PM
jake hows the hunting down there?Been a great seson up here,if you plan on making it up let me know.

Mark

JK
01-29-2004, 11:05 PM
mark...we had a great duck season...while killing a few geese along the way. goose season has been slow...i just dont have access to the X yet. the front range has so many more geese than this area. it was easy to take for granted for 14 years. once i moved away, the numbers in the front range seem so rediculous now. its quite amazing actually...hell, you know that. i miss ole mike and janine's. BUT, i have been able to get back to my true southern culture, which is huntin' mallards. i probably wont be back in the fort until mid february, but id love to hook with you next year. maybe we could trade out some hunts??

jake

Old Timer
01-30-2004, 04:38 AM
Yep, go to a feed mill. They carry almost everything and will order
what type of dog food you've been using..
I bet the pheasant hunting is great there!!

Woods and Water
01-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Jake that would be great I have a field that is just across the street from Mikes and it wasnt so hot early season(nothing like it used to be)!!
But we had a great season so far and looks to end on a good note,the three bird limit makes for some quick hunts and alot cleaning....:pl: I will see you around,take care.

Mark