PDA

View Full Version : oven cooked goose

Goose Bandit
02-03-2004, 02:51 AM
does anyone have a good recipe for a goose in the oven, to help keep the meat moist and everything, ect, ect, ect???? any hints would be GREAT!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Brett Beinke
02-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Here we go.

You need 1 fat Canada picked not skinned or breasted.
Get Various fruits packed in Juice
Some Walnuts
Brown Sugar
Butter
Curry Powder

Preheat oven to 300
In a large Pot heat approximatel 4 cups juice from fruit, 1 stick butter, 1 teaspoon curry powder and approx 1/2 cup packed brown sugar to near boiling. Put fruit pieces in a baking dish, pour juice over fruit filling the dish approx 3/4 to the top. Add Walnut slices sporadically to dish.

Water down the reamining juices and put into roaster with goose breast side down. Baste often and cooking time should be about 3 hours depending on size of bird and how well done you like your goose

Breasted Goose
Red Wine
Potatoes
Oranges
Tomatoes
onions

In a large Dutch Oven put whole goose breast in center and line with potatoes. Then thinly slice a layer of tomtoes, onions and orange slice on top. Fill approx 3/4 full with a red wine. Cook at 300 for approx 3 hours.

Thinly slice goose breast and everything is ready to go. Enjoy!

Heavy Gougin'
02-05-2004, 05:27 AM
This is about as simple as it gets. Take your breasted out goose breasts and place them in a roasting pan. Cover them with water, about an inch above the top of the breasts. Then add a family size can of French Onion soup. Cook at 270 for approx 7 hrs then peel apart like roast beef.
HG

Brett Beinke
02-05-2004, 03:20 PM
You can also use HG's recipe except do not add the onion soup mix. Cook her tell it falls apart easily. Drain water and shred it with your fingers. Then you add a generous amount of Famous Daves BBQ or whatever you prefer and you'll have some of the best BBQ sandwiches ever made!

D.A.N.S
02-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I like this one for geese(SAUCY GOOSE)

! goose
half loaf bread dried
summer savery 1tbsp or 2 your prefference
half can or home made cranberries
2 apples(large diced)
1/4 cup butter softened
salt&pepper
mix together and stuff bird.

take one 12 oz jar of Apple sauce and rest of cranberries or open another can your preference. Put in sauce pot and brinng to a boil.Add pinch of nutmeg and 2 tsp of cinnimon.use this to bast bird with.Use large can of apple juice to cook bird in plus few carrots and onion(real tasty gravy)

Cook covered untill bird is 1/2 hour from beingdone at 350

happy cooking:wak: :wak:

badhabit
03-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Goose...go get a turkey injection kit...inject the goose with lots of your favorite flavor....I've used a summer sausage recipe, put about 1 tablespoon of it into a bowl and the added about 1/2 cup of hot water to dilute it. I had to really work at getting all the chunks small/fine enough to push thru the injector. I then cooked it in a dutchoven in a brown-n-bag to seal in the flavor. Make sure you take it out when the center of the breast meat hits 130-135..no more if you cook it longer you're asking for shoe leather.

CA DUXHNTR
04-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Man, making me hungry!