PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving question

duck doc
02-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey guys i got a question for you. I have a 3 month old BLM. He LOVES to retrieve the bumper but i am care as to not do too much of it for fear of burning him out. He goes to the trainer in May... here is my question... he will retrieve the bumber perfectly in the garage or in a controlled circumstance, however, if i have him outside in the yard or in a field, etc. he will chase it but not retrieve it. Is this something i should be concerned with or not?? Any help or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Timer
02-04-2004, 09:53 AM
He's just being a puppy.

chcltlabz
02-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Don't be concerned in the least. OT is right, he's just being a puppy, and everything is new to him. Combine that with a short attention span like any kid, and outside is exploring time.

PondRiver
02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Duck Doc,

The guys are right, he is a pup and everything is new to him.

You can try this. Put him on a long rope, get you a birds wing and get him excited. Throw the wing and say Hey, Hey, hey, then call and praise him. If he do0esn't want to come back gently pull on the lead and walk away. This will help him. He will also start losing his teeth and chew on things and bumpers, so just keep an eye on this.

Good luck and keep us up on it.

PondRiver

rustygunner
02-04-2004, 05:40 PM
My little guy is 7months...he has his moments where he forgets his head.....give him time..and don't expect to much.let him have fun and form a good bond..thats the best thing you can do...bonding is very important to you pup as well as socialization.
rusty..

duck doc
02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
I appreciate the input guys, i feel better about it. Thanks a million.