PDA

View Full Version : Try this one...

MNM
02-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Breast out your geese. Slice the entire breast across the grain into about 1/4" strips. Put the strips into a bag/container with a liberal amount of Montreal Steak seasoning. Let sit for at least a few hours (overnight is better). Take a package (or two depending on how many breasts you've sliced) of bacon and cut it in half. Take each half strip of bacon and lay a goose strip on it. Now roll them up together and either stick it on a skewer or put a toothpick through it. (Hint here: soak your toothpicks or wood skewers in water for a while so they don't burn on the grill). Throw these babies on the grill and cook evenly on both sides. When the bacon is done the goose is perfect. Trust me, some of these babies won't make it into the house!!! Enjoy.

honker slayer
03-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I'll have to try that, sounds good:uh:

Woods and Water
03-04-2004, 08:00 AM
I have tried something similair to the above recipe and it killer......bacon makes everything better:tn: :nn:

GanderHammer
03-29-2004, 09:25 AM
We do the same thing but we add a little piece of a jalapeno and some cream cheese inside the goose.
Its awesome.

CA DUXHNTR
04-04-2004, 08:39 PM
That sounds great!

I just posted a "bacon" recipe.

MDMIKE
04-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I had a party last night and wanted something to cook-up for us drunks.I did this recipe.I should have made more.TASTY is all I can say.

The Baron of Bufflehead
04-15-2004, 04:49 AM
That does sound great! The jalepeno and cream cheese variation sounds really good too. GanderHammer - just a stupid question - do you put the cream cheese in after the grilling? If before, does it not melt out? I'd like to try that one, so I'd better make sure I get the directions straight!

tlancaster
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
ive tried it, it is awsome.

Also, you might want to try water chestnuts with duck strips, that is pretty good

GanderHammer
04-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Barron- sorry it took me so long to respond. Put the cream cheese in before. It doesn't melt like american or cheddar does. The bacon holds it in place and its awesome. I know it sounds a little different but I got hooked on it that way and its incredible.

The Baron of Bufflehead
05-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks G-H!!

RSTARR
06-09-2004, 08:13 PM
YOU CAN ADD WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE TO THE MONTREAL STEAK
SEASONING AND ROLL A DILL PICKLE UP IN IT YOU WILL LOVE IT

RICK:wak: :wak: :wak:

kirsch
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Anyone who has tried this goose recipe, found a way to keep the strips from getting really tough when cooked on the grill? Really like the flavor but after grilling many pieces were really tough. Flavor was excellent. Tried to use a younger/smaller goose. Any other ideas? Could the way the meat was cut cause an issue if some pieces were not cut across the grain?

Cut-um
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Definitely cut your meat across the grain (that sounded bad...:OM: ) and cook only to a medium rare or medium at most. Most people make the common mistake of over cooking goose meat and that will lead to tough meat.

We marinate whole goose breasts and then hit them with Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill like a steak to medium rare on high heat. It doesn't get much better than that...:NW:

VTblackfoot
07-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Cut-um
We marinate whole goose breasts and then hit them with Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill like a steak to medium rare on high heat. It doesn't get much better than that...:NW:

what Rich ment to say is "we marinate whole COOT breasts"..... they havent seen a goose in LA since it got sold for $1

Cut-um
07-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by VTblackfoot
what Rich ment to say is "we marinate whole COOT breasts"..... they havent seen a goose in LA since it got sold for $1

You got something against Coots Yankee boy????:hest: :HP: :hest:

Chad Hop
07-12-2004, 06:20 PM
:rf: :rf: :rof: :rof: :rf: :rf:

"The Rule"

Dux-Gese
01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
we cut the breasts into chunks first and then marinate in zesty italian dressing for a couple hours in the fridge and then do the bacon and jalapeņo grill...best and quickest way to do it! it seems like the marinate keeps the meat moist while grilling

skb20
01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Cut-um
You got something against Coots Yankee boy????:hest: :HP: :hest:

Yep, the truth always comes out in the end.

:hest:

Brydawg
07-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Anyone who has tried this goose recipe, found a way to keep the strips from getting really tough when cooked on the grill? Really like the flavor but after grilling many pieces were really tough. Flavor was excellent. Tried to use a younger/smaller goose. Any other ideas? Could the way the meat was cut cause an issue if some pieces were not cut across the grain?
Try turning up the heat so it cooks faster on the outside without cooking the inside completely.
I like mine with some blood left in it, it's very tender and tasty !

...Oh,,, and BTW,,, It'd be alot tougher if you didn't have it !:tn:...:nn:

Flocknocker
07-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Cut-up do you beat your meat with the bacon on or before you put bacon on it???? :OUCH:

Let me share a secret weapon with you guys. http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=8923
I have had one of the older ones for years and it will make a goose breast as tender as you want it to be. I pound the goose breast first then cut into what ever I'm going to use it for. It soaks up the flavor faster and really does make a tuff old goose breast worth eating. They are worth every penny. Work great on a tuff deer/elk/beef steak also.

Rich don't beat your meat with that thing buddy it will take a while to get over it I would think. :rof: :rf:

Cliff

Daffysdoom
07-05-2007, 06:49 AM
45-blade Meat Tenderizer
with Removable Cartridge

"Enjoy deeper and quicker penetration"

"No loss of natural juices"

"Less shrinkage"

"gently press on the meat. Make sure to avoid all bones. Repeat this process again on the reverse side for greater results"

Ill have to try that! :TT: ...sorry!

CamoHunter870
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Get R Done

I dont care who you are, thats funny right there :rf: :rf:

When grilling goose, I cut them in strips and marinate over night in my favorite marinate. I then use the bacon and wrap it up along with green pepper & red onion along with putting alittle DU rub & seasoning wild game on it. I also use a meat tenderizer to wack my meat to make it more tender.

:TT:

Flocknocker
07-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Just be careful out there guys!!!!!

Cliff

DUCKDIGGLER
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Holy Sprinkler-Head BatMan!!

733SubDucker
07-22-2007, 04:15 PM
... I had a Navy buddy from Louisiana that we called the "Cajun Injector". :rf: :tu: :rf:

Flag'emdown
09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Tried this one out a while back, and man, was it good!! Works great with venison too!!