PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

GooseHunter
02-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Let me start by saying this ? I have is about my 2 year old BLF, she does not hunt she is just a pet and my little girl. But anyway she had always enjoyed going outside in the back yard. For the last month or so she will not go outside at all. When I try to put her out she looks at me with a almost scared look. So I physcially have top take her out once she is out she is fine. She will go to the front yard on her own but not the back. What I am wondering is what could be her problem. I know this is a messed up guestion but it worries me that she never wants to go outside???????

Thanks,
Marty

shootem
02-11-2004, 02:33 PM
What you are going to have to do is re establish that going out to the back yard is a good thing. Some think has scared or spooked her. It is a little harder to deal with when you donít know what that was. Take your time and entice her out the back door and into the yard. I would start with treats. Coax her out with cut up hot dogs or something she is really crazy about. Once you have her following you out leave a little trail out to the yard so she can go out herself and pick up the treats. Once you have her going out willingly set treats all over the yard and just let her go out and play. The main thing is you have to make going out into the back yard an enjoyable experience.

chcltlabz
02-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Make sure the yard is "cleaned up" before you start putting treats out there for her to find, or she'll be eating the "scooby snacks" which can be a hard habit to break.

:GC:

I agree that something out there scared her, and she doesn't want to go back there.

I would keep sending her out back, and not let her out front for a while so she gets readjusted. She knows she can't "go" in the house, so if she wants out, it has to be out back.

Just curious, is she around her heat cycle? It could be that she has attracted some male dogs that have her scared, or maybe another animal in the back like a cat gave her a good whooping.