PDA

View Full Version : WANTED YELLOW LAB PUP

honkerhammerer
02-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey
Ive been looking for a good lab breeder either in wyoming, colorado or nebraska.
I need a good hunting dog but a family dog more than anything.

CALLINEMCLOSE

PondRiver
02-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Honkerhammer,

I know where there is a nice Yellow male is. He is out of FC AFC "Jamie" x HRCH dam(out of a FC AFC x AFC). PM me and I will give you more info.

It is here in Ky. Full guarantee in writing. Sometimes you have to go out of your area to get what you want. I just drove over 900 miles to pick up a pup.

Good luck with your findings,
PondRiver

JK
02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
hey...pondriver has a good point (based on his expertise), i also drove 1200 miles to Arkansas to get my dog a year ago. i shopped around all over the country for a particular dog. BUT, you might check with Kenny Trott at Horsetooth Kennels (970) 568-7925 or Cherylon Loveland (970) 568-9044. Both are reputable trainers and both happen to be located in Wellington, Colorado. They can guide you in the right direction if you have to stay close to get a pup.

jake

honkerhammerer
02-16-2004, 01:12 PM
one of the reasons I cant travel a long distance is that im only 15 and dont have a liscence yet.
Thanks for the posts
Hey JK does kenny trott have an email address??

Woods and Water
02-16-2004, 02:58 PM
The trainers JK mentioned are good from what I have heard,and finding a local breeder shouldnt be a problem if you do enough investagating.Good Luck!!

JK
02-16-2004, 04:49 PM
honkerhammerer...man, it made me smile when you revealed your age...not cause i think it is funny, but because i think its great that you are so young yet so eager and resourcful enough to find a good dog. have you ever seen the movie "where the red fern grows". if you have not...check it out! youll love it!

kenny trott does not have a email that i know of, BUT you can call him anytime. he is a great guy and will do his best to help you out. he might be in texas training right now, but call the number i gave you anyway and leave a message...or talk to his wife michelle.

do yourself a favor and tell him exactly what your story is...your age, your eagerness for a dog, determination to get a good dog, and willingness to train hard etc...it will create a better approach because so many people want him to help them. but if he knows you are young and eager, ill bet he really appreciates younger guys like yourself out there wanting a good dog. he does not raise puppies, but he is a very reputable trainer and knows of lots of breeders. his favorite past time other than training is duck hunting...so i know he knows where to get good labs with fine pedigrees.

if i can help you in any way, please feel free to let me know. i live in southwestern nebraska, but i have a business in ft.collins, so i am back and forth pretty often. i would be glad to make a delivery for you or help you pick a pup or anything!!! if you cannot get kenny on the phone, pm me and ill give you his cell number...maybe. he might kill me for that! or maybe i can call him for you.

jake latendresse

PondRiver
02-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Honkerhammerer,

Glad to hear you are getting into this at an early age. You migh not be able to drive, but if you buy a puppy, can someone take you to the airport to pick one up?
Here is a little info on HRC Program that I love. They have a YRP(Youth Retriever Program). The youth submit an essay and the winner receives a free retriever. They give out one every 2 months.
Also HH, you can go to working-retriever.com and look up the classifieds. They have about anything(retriever and stuff) that you can imagine.

Good luck,
PondRiver

JK
02-17-2004, 07:14 AM
good point PR...along with working-retriever.com, you can also post up at retrievertraining.net and look into their classified section. lots of litters are being advertised right now.

i think its a great time to get a pup cause you will be able to hunt him/her next season if you get with it.

jake

honkerhammerer
02-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanx alot guys Ill let you know when and if i get a pup