PDA

View Full Version : Dog Question???

GANDER D. BANDER
03-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I was thinking the other day what goes thru a dogs mind when the season is over, you hunt um hard for 4 or 5 months then it stops! I doubt they understand why they don't go anymore. They wanna hunt as bad as we do!!
My dog goes into almost a depression for a week or ten days after the season ends he will go off feed, sleep constantly, and got that run down "depressed" look in his eyes. He lays his ball in my lap atleast 50 times a day till I climb on his arse about it. I took him out to remove the pit today he was bouncing around like a lil kid. I guess he though we was gonna bang on um!!
Just curious if you guys dogs do the same thing?

Goose Bandit
03-08-2004, 12:24 AM
oh ya mine is right there with yours, but then on the other hand they might be glad to have a little break, after running that long. who knows!!!!!!!!!

BEAR CALLER
03-08-2004, 06:51 AM
I sure know what you are talking about. My male when he was a little younger was just like that. Since he has "matured" (he's 9) he still get's excited but I think he more looks at it like going to fun job. He's just more relaxed than he was.

Daffysdoom
03-08-2004, 06:55 AM
My pooch does the same thing. I try to keep her occupied with training and fun stuff. I also adjust her food back down a bit, which i had increased for the hunting season.