PDA

View Full Version : Speck hunting

teal-time
03-25-2004, 09:52 PM
I was just wondering how you trick them tricky barbellies into come in. wats your favorite call? and decoy? I was just wondering how you get them geese within 60 yards.

Brett Beinke
03-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Lots of great info here on speck hunting. JEDJR does a bunch of it and can help you out as well. I had been using a Sean Mann speck call with great results. As with other goose decoys with full bodies, less is more. They are fantastic eating and I cant wait to tear into them again this fall. I have talked to some guides who throw large spreads of canada's out with speck skinnys on the edges. Many decoy manufacturers are making full body specks and you will see a lot of guy painting some old full bodies up intoo specks as well. My own plan is replacing the 8 dozen regular GHG full body heads with flocked heads and repainting the old heads into specks. Then I will use temporary paint to convert my existing GHG full bodies into specks. There are great ideas on how to do this on another thread about painting specks. Personally I cant justify buying full body specks for one week a year but converting canadas should work for me. If it doesn't, I will by the full body specks and rent them out when I am not using them.

teal-time
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the info. Last night I blew my friends abomination and I think I'll get one of those. for decoys sounds like I shood paint my bigfoots like specks or keep dreaming of Dave Smith specks.