PDA

View Full Version : Favorite decoys

honkerhammerer
04-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Just wondering what you guys base your honker spread with
We mainly have bigfoots but with the new avery decoys all that moght change

GooseMan17
04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Bigfoots right now, but plan on getting a few dozen GHG before September!!!

Good Huntin,
Gooseman

tlancaster
04-26-2004, 07:23 PM
I have higdon full bodies, and a lot of higdon stackables. Big foots also. I want to gradually switch to just higdon stackables and GHG.

JonEBlueWing
04-26-2004, 08:45 PM
We mainly run custom bigfoots and now we are starting to add the avery's to the collection. Also we through in Outlaw silo's with flocked heads to hide the blinds.

JonEbluewing

honkerhammerer
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
how do u like the outlaw silos i heard they were really shiney
the only silos we have in our spread are the real gease pro series

JonEBlueWing
05-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Honkerhammerer........the outlaw silo's we use are the no shine ones. We like to always put them up and if the birds start to flare or something we take them down. They hardly ever flare due to the silo's. Most of the time its someone moving their heads.

JonEbluewing

huntingmarsh
05-13-2004, 08:50 PM
I'd have to go with the new Avery full bodies just because they look so awsome. but for now I only have carry-lights but plan on buying a dozen AFBs before fall. And I dunno about the outlaw silos even the no glare ones.....there nice if you can take them out and not hurt your spread but not if your gonna take out only 2 dozen.....

Corey

JonEBlueWing
05-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree with huntingmarsh about using the silo's alone.......we never use them alone but they can add a lot of movement and head positions to the spread. Corey you even hunted with those silo's ....................:LOL: :LOL:

Also I love the new avery's and i bought 2 dozen of the old ones and can't even think about how dynamite the new ones will be.

I'm working on some stuffers for next year...............any tips from anyone???

JonEbluewing

cself02
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Yes I have a tip for you Johnathen, just finish them and hand them over to me:hest: :hest: When you going to get up here so we can work on your calling!!

JonEBlueWing
05-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah Casey .....................I was thinking about making them and giving them all to you but i was talked outta of it.

You can hunt over them...thats the best i can do. Stuffers and your calling... dont think it would get any better.

Yeah now that schools over with you have to make me into a goose calling maching.

Once i get the stuffers done i'll post them up

JonEbluewing

cself02
05-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Just give me a holler, I would be glad to help I will be off on fridays june and july so if you aren't working or something and wanted to come up then we could get-r-dun. Or other wise we can work something out after I get off work at 5. Thanks god I am going back to days next week!!:cool: nights are killing me, the only good thing about them is it gives me lots and lots of time to practice my calling during the day.:LOL:

GOOSER
06-12-2004, 06:05 PM
We mainly run Bigfoot decoys and a few other fullbodies. We have a dozen Real Geese silos that we put near the blinds to break them up. I am trying to get my friends to each buy a dozen new 2004 Hardcore Decoys. That would be awsome.

GOOSER