PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting question...

Goose Hunter
08-13-2000, 07:50 PM
Up here we just move the truck right to the spot on the field of where we plan to hunt, but where to park...

Have you guys ever noticed geese seeing the truck and flaring or not landing?

We just usally hide it far behind some trees, but there are some fields that have no tree's around, what do you guys think?

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

Duxrule
08-14-2000, 04:28 AM
I've got the advantage of hunting on a hill that happens to have a small gravel pit on the back side of it where I hide the truck. Up where you are it seemed pretty dern flat when I was there. I'd be tempted to buy a big ass piece of camo material that is close to the same color as the field and park a ways behind your blind. Maybe the truck would look like a big ol' hay bale.

Ben-IA
08-14-2000, 06:01 AM
We usually park it next to a tree or park it far enough away so to not scare the geese.
Ben

buckduck
08-14-2000, 08:11 AM
We park our truck a couple of hundred yards away It doesn`t seem to bother the canadas or the snows.Nore ducks.

------------------
Appose gun control.It`s hard to hit ducks with rocks

Flocknocker
08-14-2000, 08:52 AM
If I know which way the birds will come I park it so the birds don't have to fly over it. But if I don't know for sure or the birds are coming from all directions I put the rig down wind from the decoys at least 200 yards. They see farmer rigs in the fields all the way up and down the flyway, I don't think it bothers them to much.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

wingfeather
08-14-2000, 03:28 PM
I agree with flocknocker the birds see farm equipment and trucks every where they go I like to park as close to the road we entered the field if possible and then hide close to the tree line or ditch.

Joe
08-14-2000, 05:06 PM
I too agree with flocknocker, When we hunt fields we just park it ass far away or behins structure at this one field we hutn a lot we get a decoys set up and then drive the truck about 1000 yards away by some of the farmes equipment