View Full Version : Do you use these....?

Woods and Water
05-17-2004, 09:34 AM
This was sent to me today from a friend in Ft Collins Colorado,I thought I would share with you guys.
__________________________________________________ __
__________________________________________________ __

Read if you use swiffer wetjet!!!!

Warning for your animal's health:

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year old German
dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy
until a
few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was.
liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of
kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with
him, so
the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. My
neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got
the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which
"may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company
ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to
out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually he was told
it's a
compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze). Therefore, just
the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking
own paws, and the dog eating from its dishes which were kept on the
floor cleaned with this product, it ingested enough of the solution to
destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two
also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for
cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so
couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as
people as possible so they don't lose their animals.

Thank You
Mark W

05-17-2004, 01:03 PM
This is an urban legend. Totally a myth.

Woods and Water
05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
chcltlabz....I was sent the email by a good hunting buddy,thought he was on the up and up.He said it was his neighbors animals ....the letter I posted was what he sent to me.

So guys if its un true....sorry:CF: just thought Id pass it on.

How many of you others have seen this letter....? I never heard of this "urband legend".... guess Im out of the loop:CY: BS: :LOL:

05-17-2004, 06:33 PM
ive been having a new email message with that about once a day for the past 2 weeks or so!

05-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Yes this is a wide spread urban myth - it started as I understand from an internet rumor and from what I have been told by toxicologists is total BS.

05-18-2004, 05:26 AM
So guys if its un true....sorry just thought Id pass it on.

No need to be sorry. That's why they call them urban legends.:TT: