PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

gw-smith
06-02-2004, 07:04 PM
One of the best labs I've ever hunted with was owned by a good friend and hunting buddy of mine here in North Carolina. He was a 3-year old male black lab named "Rudy." Excellent dog that I hunted with extensively last year. He was a very successful field trial dog (Waterfowl and Upland Champion) and passed the Grand for a 2nd time just a couple months back. Unfortunately they found him stone dead in his kennel (at the trainers) a couple of days ago. Necropsy results indicate severe kidney failure that had likely been going on for months to years with no warnings (dog was reportedly fine even right before it was found dead).

My buddy had over $12,000 worth of training in the dog not to mention two young children that no longer have their family pet. The morale of the story is to enjoy life (and your dog) while you can -you never know when it all might end.

shootem
06-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Yes that is a very sad story, please tell your friend how sad I am to hear of his loss! So quick and no way to prevent or even rush him in for medical attention. That would is a terrible blow to all people involved.

Road Runner
06-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Im sorry to hear that. As is most things in life you dont relise how important it is until its gone.

Woods and Water
06-03-2004, 03:37 PM
That is really a shame,you hate hearing things like this.

duck smuggler
06-03-2004, 08:12 PM
SORRY TO HEAR THAT I have a 6 mounth old lab
that was hit by a car at 4 mounths ( I was hisarical )
Me and him in the house YOU get very atatced

goosekiller
06-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Yes that is a sad story.Some people don't realize how attach you can get to your dog. I got a black lab and he's part of the family. Sorry to hear about your friends loss.

rustygunner
06-06-2004, 03:52 AM
i hate to hear a story about that, makes you relize how important our dogs are to our familys!

Call'em N
06-06-2004, 08:46 PM
I can't even imagine what it would be like without my YLF.

Please give you freind my sympathy...