PDA

View Full Version : getting hid in the field?

jimfaststeel
08-14-2000, 08:36 PM
Does anybody use silo,s to hide behind while field hunting? We just purchased some Outlaws to mix in with our other shells and bigfoots. Does anybody have any luck in concealing this way. If so how? http://64.176.94.12/ubb/confused.gif

Flocknocker
08-14-2000, 10:05 PM
We have hid behind them before and sometimes it works well. I have a buddy that made all his own silos and he made them real big so he could hide in them. Oh that reminds me of a good story.

I saw some guys on a hill last year, hehe. This is a killer for me to tell cause it is funny, to me anyway. These guys were above us on a large wheat feild hill I mean big. They had home made silos and we were set up big and hammered the geese hard and fast. We got done quick and we were picking up and watching these guys while we finished. They were dressed in all black and bent over on all fours, hehe. Well they got a few birds but it was hard for them to get into shooting position, cause they were all bent over like that, and crawling around the decoys. We all had a good laugh and could not figure out what the hell they were doing. So we pulled out on the main farm road and were having a pop and shooting the bull when these guys pull up all dressed in black. They get out and we get to talking and I asked them why and the heck they were dressed from head toe in Black when it is 90 plus degrees. They even had their hats spray painted black, hehe. Well the oldest of the bunch said son you guy don't know shit about huntin geese. We are dressed like this to blend in with the decoys, and the farm country. I said oh, ok how do ya figure that. He says well them geese think we are a herd of Back Angus cows and just land right next to us, hehehehe. Well before I could say shit my buddy says, did them geese know you were inbred or purebred. Well they left right after that so I never found out, hehehehe. This is a true story I swear, and I am about to bust a gut just thinking about it, hehehe.
So you never know what tricks are left till ya try em.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Goose Hunter
08-14-2000, 10:48 PM
If you have the Super Mag outlaws, just put 3 around you, and you should be alright. Another good idea is too put a G&H Super Magnum decoy on top of yourself, that thing will hide %75 of your body.

Good Story Cliff,

Barry

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

BBogey
08-15-2000, 12:32 AM
Man I hate to open my mouth and let everyone know how stupid I am! But...I guess the only way you learn...what the hell is a silo?

Appreciate it if someone can help this rookie out

------------------
Dare to be Different!

goosejuicer
08-15-2000, 04:17 AM
BB, a silo is the short form of silhouette and thus refers to silhouette decoys. Good job on asking a question. It took me months to figure out what LOL and IMHO meant!!

------------------
"I hate those geeses to pieces."

Duxrule
08-15-2000, 08:37 AM
OK, I've heard the geese will ignore dogs running in the dekes, but never heard the "look like a cos" angle before. That IS funny!!

------------------
Goose hunting-it's not just a job...it's an addiction

buckduck
08-15-2000, 11:36 AM
I`m sure glad someone else ask the silo question .Now I don`t feel so stupid.Around here silo`s are where you store grain.

------------------
Appose gun control.It`s hard to hit ducks with rocks

jimfaststeel
08-15-2000, 03:13 PM
Good one Cliff. I like your idea on the super mags and the big shell Barry. We'll give it a try this fall.
Sorry about the abbreviation guy's, I can't spell that great so thought I'd try and wing it.

Heavy Gougin'
08-15-2000, 06:06 PM
Hey, what to LOL and IMHO mean? hehehe! I'm serious though! Thanks
Heavy G

goosejuicer
08-15-2000, 06:27 PM
I think they mean Laughing Out Loud, and In My Humble Opinion. I hope that's right or I'm the one who is going to look stupid!!

------------------
"I hate those geeses to pieces."

shootem
08-16-2000, 06:28 AM
Hey guys there is no such thing as a stupid question if there was, I would have already asked it!!

------------------
Gotta Love It!!

Go4Ducks2
08-16-2000, 04:03 PM
Maybe someone ought a post all the "emoticons' that get used a lot for some of the new guys..my favorite is rotflmao which translates to rolling on the floor laughing my ass off...
And a silo is what you put grain in.....rotflmao!!!!

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)