PDA

View Full Version : Half-breed Graphite?

Goose Hunter
08-17-2000, 02:05 AM
hey,

Does anybody know the difference between a graphite half-breed, and a normal one? And isn't there also a composite one too?

Thanks,
Barry

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

wyfarrell
08-17-2000, 07:50 AM
I have a graphite half breed as well as a mossy oak one(standard). The graphite one is incredibly loud and I love for windy days or migrators. The crack on the high end is great. I'd recommend one.

------------------
"You can always tell a waterfowler, but you can never tell him much"

Wtrfwlr
08-19-2000, 01:11 PM
I have a Half Breed in plastic. It sounds good, but I have heard the graphite's and they are much higher pitched. They seem to carry the volume a long ways as well. If I were to buy a graphite call, I might go with a Guides Best. I have heard good things about this call.

Flocknocker
08-19-2000, 01:24 PM
The more I learn about them this is what I see. The graphite and the glass composite have a higher crack to them. Not much though. I don't know whats up with the HB. Some have shaved reeds and some don't. Beats me I just tuned two for a guy that I have them right here and one did and one did not. He had never messed with the calls. Which one did I give you GH??

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Goose Hunter
08-20-2000, 12:11 AM
The Green Color, ABS Plastic

That Graphite sure is nice(It's got a nice blue color to it).

Later,
Barry

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

wyfarrell
08-20-2000, 08:07 AM
I hear what flocknocker is saying about funky reeds in half breeds. Thats why I go directly to Tim when I have a problem with my calls. Once he gets to know you(my calls, like my pickups, always seem to be in the shop) it seems like he does an extra special job shaving up those reeds, if ya ask for it.He was telling me that he has a jig built for reed work, eliminating the tedious pocket knife work that he does. So, call and visit with him about your call, skill level, etc. and I think he'll set ya up with a better reed than that one in Herters catalog.

10gaOkie
08-20-2000, 01:00 PM
If a call is done right in the first place, why would you have to send it back to the maker? ....This seems to be the trend of the way things are done these days....still hard for me to swallow. I have sent more than my share of calls back to the maker but intend to avoid it in the future if I do my homework. I know for a fact that no matter who made the call, if I buy a call from Cliff, he will make sure it is field ready before sending it. Otherwise, it isn't worth sending... Chris

Goose Hunter
08-20-2000, 01:33 PM
Your right, almost everything made today is shit. But I will personally tell you, if you buy something from Cliff it WILL work.

Maybe thats why his list of products is so small?

------------------
Tim Grounds is like Jack Nickousis, and I, Goose Hunter, am Tiger Woods.