PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Master chokes

buck_master_2001
08-18-2000, 03:10 AM
I just got my patternmaster choke.It was a standard choke which is like full choke for my beretta A390.After testing it and number 6 shot on pigeons and black birds, heheheh I can say that this choke is amazing.I have heard people say that it doesn't shoot any tighter but from my testing this thing shoots tight as hell.I was literally rolling the pigeons out of the sky.I have never dropped pigeons like I did with another choke.The black birds were just funny.Everytime i would shoot one there was a puff of feathers and the bird was SUPA' DEAD in the air.Can't wait to try this out on ducks and geese.Any body else use the pattern Master and how do u like it.

buckduck
08-18-2000, 03:46 AM
I am sure you must have been shooting starlings right, because we all know for some strange reason it is against federal law to shoot blackbidrs.haha

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

shootem
08-18-2000, 04:14 AM
Say what! against the law to shoot blackbirds?

------------------
Gotta Love It!!

tsodak
08-18-2000, 05:43 AM
Absolutely. Unless the blackbirds are actively depredating your crops Shootem', they are a Federally protected species. So all those thousands you have shot were totally illegal. Thanks for playing "Get to know your Federal Laws".

shootem
08-18-2000, 06:54 AM
"Get to know your Federal Laws" that sounds like some thing the game warden in Aberdeen would say, and him and I don't get along at all in fact he don't get along with any body including the people he works with. If that was suppose to be a scolding it was not appreciated

Flocknocker
08-18-2000, 07:54 AM
BM the web is not a good place to tell all about your illegal activities.You may get to know your game agent more than you would like to. Before you go out blasting things you may want to spend 2 minutes on the phone making sure that what you plan to do will not cost you your weapon. You and I had a talk about speaking about things before you know the whole story, and you making a post. Please think about what you are posting. We all make mistakes, we just all don't air them on the web. When it comes to shooting waterfowl your Patternmaster will serve you well.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

buck_master_2001
08-18-2000, 12:38 PM
I didn't no starlings or blackbirds were illegal.I have always seen and heard about people shooting blackbirds.I was educated on black birds so I never knew.I am sorry and I will not shoot em' again or post about shooting them.Pigeons are O.K. to shoot, right?

Flocknocker
08-18-2000, 12:54 PM
We have some pigeons here that are not all right to shoot, there is a season for band tailed pigeons. Like I said take 2 minutes and call the game office. Best you know first hand what is and is not legal to shoot. We could not shoot a magpie here till a few years ago. Find out for yourself. Don't you have a law in your state that says you must be 18 to be out with a gun by yourself??? Seems your folks could get in a heap of trouble if your not careful.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Flocknocker
08-18-2000, 01:05 PM
We have some pigeons here that are not all right to shoot, there is a season for band tailed pigeons. Like I said take 2 minutes and call the game office. Best you know first hand what is and is not legal to shoot. We could not shoot a magpie here till a few years ago. Find out for yourself. Don't you have a law in your state that says you must be 18 to be out with a gun by yourself??? Seems your folks could get in a heap of trouble if your not careful.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Mallardslayer
08-18-2000, 01:26 PM
It is my uderstanding that Magpies can only be taken in case of crop deprevation. Again it would be wise to check out the regs, when in doubt whip it out (regs).

shootem
08-18-2000, 03:02 PM
Boy has this gotten way off base from the pattern master question. By the way I do have a pattern master and have compared factory chokes and the pattern master. The pattern master will be the only choke I shoot. Back to the blackbird deal I have a good friend who is a game warden and asked him about it. If any body is interested I will tell you what I found out it kind of long. But I think it best to drop the whole deal!

------------------
Gotta Love It!!