PDA

View Full Version : Patternmaster chokes vs Angle Port chokes

buckduck
08-18-2000, 03:53 AM
Has anyone on here compared the two?I read a while back where someone had compaired the two and angle port won out.I am planing on buying a Winchester super X 2.The first thing I plan to do is change the choke so I am really interested in any results you have come up with.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Flocknocker
08-18-2000, 08:03 AM
Well I got an x2 last year and it has a Patternmaster on it. I have them on all my and my client guns I loan out also. I have not tried the other one you were talking about but I know the Patternmaster works very well. It is like going back to the good old days with lead. Very few cripples and the birds are dead in the air. I am going to be doing some testing with different ammo next week.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

buckduck
08-18-2000, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the reply.I would be interested in knowing the results of your ammo test.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Go4Ducks2
08-18-2000, 06:42 PM
What kinda pattern are you getting at 30,and 50yds(diameter on paper), look forward to hearing some test results.

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

Duck Undertaker
08-19-2000, 03:47 PM
AnglePort all the way. They are cheaper than the Patternmaster, and they are custom made to fit the exact bore diameter of your gun so the shot transition from barrell to choke is the smoothest possible. I have been shooting them for 5 years and would not consider anything else....<A HREF="http://www.angleport.com">AnglePort</A>

Flocknocker
08-19-2000, 05:48 PM
DU have you done any testing with bigger shot with that choke?? And have you tried the Pattermaster choke before?? I read the stuff that Angel Port has on site and they say the ports strip the wad off the shoot. What if you want a non ported choke?? If you have done some testing tell us about it, I love that stuff. Buckduck which tests are you talking about in your post when they tested them together?? Maybe I will call them Monday and ask how fast they can get me one so I can compare them myself. I know the Patternmaster has 5 lugs to strip the wad off the shot and I know they work well with big shot. I am like most of you I like to see it myself. Which choke do you have Shawn?? In case you guys don't know DU is part owner of Sure Cycle Systems so he knows his meatal work, so he has me interested in what he says. But shit on the other hand, I was on his site today and they just found out lead was illegale in Arkansas, hehehehehe. Who won the shoot off you or Jack???

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

buckduck
08-19-2000, 05:51 PM
Duck Undertaker,do you use the ported or unported verison?Have you used them on turkeys?

------------------

Duck Undertaker
08-20-2000, 07:59 AM
I'll say this...

I have done no other official testing other than shooting birds..... and when you shoot a bird and can HEAR the pellets striping the feathers off a bird you know you are on to something...People hunting with me have often said "What in the hell are you shooting?" They can actually hear the difference when the birds are shot. T's are about the biggest shot that I have run through it and the have peformed well for me on snow geese. I normally shoot #2's the rest of the time...

I shoot their .10 (Light Mod.) for close range birds and also have a .25 (Imp. Mod.) for longer ranges, although I have very rarely ever use it as it is unusual for me to shoot anything over 30 yards. I also have one of their .05 skeet tubes. All my tubes are Ported.

If you want a more professional opnion though, I got turned on to AnglePort by my good friend who shoots for the US Army and Team USA, and was a member of the USA World Championship team in 1998, in International Skeet.....He was once sponsored by Briley but dropped them and and went to AnglePort. Thats what you'll find in his $10,000 Perazzi O/U as well as his Benelli M1 Super 90 that he hunts with. He is a big turkey hunter and says their turkey tube is unbelievable! He won't shoot anything else and he is in the position that he could have any other choke on the market for free...... When he tells me something that I should do with my gun I listen. This is how he makes his living and I know that he would not shoot it himself if it wasn't the best since his livelyhood depends on top performance.

[This message has been edited by Duck Undertaker (edited 08-20-2000).]

Flocknocker
08-20-2000, 08:06 AM
Yes you can hear it with the Patternmaster also. You can hear the shot slap the birds hard. I will order one Monday and give it a test along side the Patternmaster and let you know how it comes out. I will call and see what they recommend for goose hunting. Thanks DU

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

buckduck
08-20-2000, 02:46 PM
Flocknocker,the post i was refering to was just a indiviugal that had tried pattern master first and wasn`t satisified so he then tried angle port and was very happy with the results.

------------------

Flocknocker
08-20-2000, 03:02 PM
OK OK I get it I am a bit slow some days. I thought it was in a artical some where. Well I think some guys differents stuff for sure. I will give it the same test I do while testing a bunch of Patterenmasters. There are lots of good choke the do well with 2 and smaller but so far I have not found one that will eat large shot 2 and bigger like the Patternmaster. Briley also makes some great chokes for smaller shot and I use them for clays. But I will be testing some short Med and long range chokes so we will see how things come out.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"