PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have killed more than one Canada with one shot

buckduck
08-19-2000, 08:18 AM
I`ve kill two canadas with one shot twice.I did it on doves once.Quail don`t count.Belive me it was strictly a accident.haha

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Greenhead
08-19-2000, 08:20 AM
Last yr, I finally did it up at Horicon Marsh in WI, and it was also and accident!

Over the yrs, I have killed 2 woodies, gw teal, and mallards as well w/ only 1 shot!!
Again, by accident!!! hehehe

Blackduck
08-19-2000, 04:02 PM
I've done it on woodies once or twice. I saw my dad do it on geese last year once. When I was younger I crept into some bushes growing up around a power line pole, and about 40 yards down the line were 9 doves sitting close together, so I put my 20 guage on em and dropped 5. I split a few wires from the power cable too. That taught me a lesson, seeing a slightly frayed power cable, lol. But I got 5 doves in one shot! They were sitting, not flying, but I was young and damn proud.

Duck Wacker
08-19-2000, 04:18 PM
I killed 2 dove with 1 shoot two times and killed 2 turkeys with 1 shoot.

------------------
Put the steel to 'em !!!!

buckduck
08-19-2000, 05:47 PM
Blackduck,I was talking about on the wing. Arkansasing them doesn`t count.lol.I saw a friend do it once with two tree rats in different trees but he didn`t know the second one was there and was just as supprized as I when it fell out of the tree.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Go4Ducks2
08-19-2000, 05:49 PM
Me and a buddy were quail hunting one time and had a a pair come up low to the ground, we both shot and they dropped, went over to pick em up and also found a rabbit flopping around, he said, did you shoot the rabbit and I said, hell no, did you? Guess it just got caught in the cross fire..kinda thought that was a weird deal!!

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

Heavy Gougin'
08-19-2000, 06:43 PM
I have never killed two honkers with one shot, but last year I did pull off three. They were coming in single file straight at me over the water. One pull from the SP-10 and they all dropped! Of course, only one dropped dead and the other two had to be chased down by the dog. If I woulda tried to do it, I woulda missed all 3 shots!! Also killed two snow geese with one shot in the dekes too!

Heavy G

Blackduck
08-19-2000, 07:43 PM
Yeah Buckduck, I figured you meant on the wing, and that's what the woodies and geese were, but I just had to talk about my dove shot, lol.

Bill Collector
08-19-2000, 09:02 PM
When I was 16 or 17 I had a really odd day after school in the sept season. The dekes were already set up, and I knew geese were using the field, so I just parked my pickup by the road and started walkin. As I got closer to the spread, I thought I could see some movement. Sure enough, there was a lone goose in the dekes. Well, I crawled up the hill real careful and quiet like, and then when I got close to the crest, I got up and got ready. The goose just looked at me as if to ask, "what do you want?". I chased him and hollered at him and finally when he jumped, I popped him. Then I set up under a super mag and waited. I decided to go to my pickup and grab a sweatshirt since it was kinda breezy. When I got back to the dekes, another one had come in. Same story, jumped him and shot him. Then I was ready for some real hunting. Jump shooting geese ain't my thing. about 4:30 a flock of 18 or so came winging my way. I gave a few honks on the flute and they swung right by. I took them on the second pass. I shot two with two shots, a clean double to fill my limit. Then, as the survivors were leaving the field, one crumpled up dead as a doornail. That put me one over. I was pretty much freakin out, since the area I was in was high pressure for wardens. Even though I only shot 4 shells, I still had 5 on the ground. I loaded them up as fast as I could and took off for home! Dad was a little suspicious when I told him the story.

I have shot 2 ducks in one shot numerous times. In fact, I even watch the flocks to anticipate if the birds will cross or get close enough to "double". It causes a few misses when I pull the trigger a split second too late and shoot between them, but when I dump two birds with one shot, it sure is fun!

NR

------------------
Bill Collector

A few short of the limit!

Jossie
08-19-2000, 09:56 PM
I have never killed 2 geese with one shot, but I have killed pheasant, quail. and doves that way.

Now 25yrs ago (I'm not really sure I should tell this story, just remember we were young and dumb!)there was a flooded wheat field with a fence line going down one end of it. We were driving around looking for ducks and we kept seeing large groups of ducks landing in this flooded wheat field. So we pull up on the road about a 1/2 mile from the field and watch hundreds of ducks landing there. It just so happened that we had permission on this field, so we get the guns out and belly crawl through the mud down this fence line. Three of us got spread out on the fence line and I counted to three with my fingers and then we all stood up and shot.The sky turned black with mallards,we all emptied our guns out and then started to pick up the dead birds.I won't say how many we got....but lets just say we spent the rest of the day picking ducks.

Let me just say, it was a day I will never forget, but it is something I would never do again.

Skeet in NZ
08-20-2000, 12:47 AM
YES

I have done it twice on geese. When I first started shooting geese I was shooting geese in a blind with two other shooters. The birds were coming in to land in the water, I was using a skeet barrel and size 6 shot so my spread was big. I was lucky enough to do it twice in one day. The other shooters gave me a hard time but they have done it as well now.

When duck shooting I have done it nurmerous times. With using skeet barrels it was easy not that I was trying at the time. It is amazing to hear one shot and to watch two birds go down.

Rob

------------------
Skeet in NZ

buckduck
08-20-2000, 05:51 AM
It seems more common when hunting other birds than canadas.Black duck I got 8 quail once using your method.hahahahahah

------------------

tsodak
08-20-2000, 01:18 PM
Josie, my story is familiar with yours and I will leave several details out. When I was in hihg school, one morning I was sitting on a Hill pass shooting geese, and I kept seeing flights of mallards landing in a dugout a quarter mile away. Now many of you know what they are but some do not. They are a hole you dig and pile the dirt in both sides to water cattle in. So anyway, you can jump right over on top of the birds, a lot like shooting pheasants. So anyway, I scooted over there, and there were a lot more in there that I ever dreamed. So anyway, up they go and Boom, boom booom. Let me just say that I made multiple trips to the pickup that day. Thats all I'm going to say, cause you won't believe me if I tell the truth.

buckduck
08-20-2000, 02:27 PM
Boys the statute of limitations has run out,were all in good shape .haha There seems to be a little more arkansas in most of us than we care to mention.hahahahahhahahha

------------------