PDA

View Full Version : The Goose Hunter's Journal (But Not)

Blackduck
08-19-2000, 04:50 PM
When I saw the original post(before reading it) I figured some guy was recommending that we have a special thread that we all post our daily hunts on this coming season. But I was wrong and he was asking about a magazine. So I'm saying we ought to have a thread this season where everyone WILL come in daily after a hunt and write a summary of how their hunt went for the rest of us to read, envy, or laugh at. This doesn't mean specific locations are necessary, but they are appreciated(hehehe, j/k). Your location description should say "in a wheat field" or "on a power plant cooling lake" though. Then tell your set up and how you called and how many birds you did or didn't get. Also tell how many you flared, etc. Come on guys, what do you all think?

[This message has been edited by Blackduck (edited 08-19-2000).]

Ben-IA
08-19-2000, 05:17 PM
Sounds good to me. I might not tell about every hunt I take, but definately the good ones.
Ben

Flocknocker
08-19-2000, 05:30 PM
That is why I made the fly way forums. Is that the spot to do it or do we need a new forum. I would like the information kept on as small an area a posible, but I'm open to sugestions.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Blackduck
08-19-2000, 05:36 PM
Cliff, I know what you're saying about the flyway forum thing, and I had thought of it too. I had figured that they would serve more as a local thing, where we would get to know each other, talk of specific and localized problems, where we're seeing goose concentrations, and maybe set up hunts together. But hearing a good story, of a good or bad hunt, shouldn't be split by borders. And it would be so much easier to read them if they were all in one spot, and not in 8 different forums. After all, the northern pacific flyway isn't a forum I normally look into or am interested in, but if I wanted to read about your exploits I'd have to go there and sort through whatever other posts are there. That's why I think having a thread, or forum, just for hunting stories would be so good.

Later, Brad

Jossie
08-19-2000, 10:16 PM
I personaly like the idea.....call it something like" Todays hunt".Of course if my year goes like last years,I would'nt have much to write about until the last month of the season.But it sure would be nice to go into one spot and read about everybody elses hunts.

Goose Hunter
08-19-2000, 11:17 PM
I like the idea of creating a new forum, so everybody could go there and post there hunts. If you see my name on that forum, you'll know I finnily killed somethin`.

hehehe

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

buckduck
08-20-2000, 06:05 AM
I like the idea of a separate forum.You can call it daily bag and field reportts or maybe the lairs and bull S. forum.hahahhah What do you think.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.