PDA

View Full Version : Gabble or grunt?

buckduck
08-19-2000, 05:56 PM
How many of you use the gabble some call it a grunt on incoming on birds?

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

Go4Ducks2
08-19-2000, 06:22 PM
Buckduck, we use it on close birds. Although, any geese I've ever watched on the ground are making that sound cause they are pissed off at another goose and start chasing it. I dunno. Might be different sound you are talking about.

Whats your make on the short high note to a long low note sound that birds make. I've used it before with not much response.

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

Goose Hunter
08-19-2000, 11:23 PM
I Always use it. It sounds way more goosey when you gabble or grunt into your goose call.

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's GREAT LOOKING website.

Backwater
08-20-2000, 05:26 AM
Used the feed gabble for years especially when the birds pass overhead on the last pass. Worked well in the past, bound to stay with whats effective.

buckduck
08-20-2000, 05:43 AM
I`ve used it for years when the birds are locked up and gliding in.When they stop gliding i through in a few honks until they start gliding again.Yes it is for close in work.I am always supprized when I hear some say they don`t use it or have never heard of it.After they pass I go to a come back call.When they swing I go back to the gabble.But you know geese,you find what they like for that day and stay with it.

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.