PDA

View Full Version : Championship calls

wingfeather
08-21-2000, 06:56 AM
Hey guys the new call that flocknocker is selling the "GiantKiller" won big here in Michigan at the state championship this weekend.It took first and second place in the competion. Cliff has them on his webpage along with a wave file check them out.

------------------
Bob Alfieri, Take a Kid Hunting

Flocknocker
08-21-2000, 07:18 AM
Good Job!!!!!!! Fist and second thats great. Wow a none flute call winning is good to see. I Bet Todd is happy.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Shawn
08-21-2000, 07:38 AM
Bob, who all showed up for the contest? I heard the old Lynch Mob did well. How was the show in general?

Shawn

wyfarrell
08-21-2000, 12:28 PM
I wish that my computer would let my listen to those sound files. Id like to hear those GK calls. Anyway, its great to hear shorties producing other that the field, if you're into that stuff. I think that Saunders calls would be right up there if there were most contest callers from the west. Bill's calls sound awesome and are a great deal. Plus the customer service is better with the little guys in my experience. Saunders calls arent known nationally (Yet) but should be. Support the little guys, its the American way. Maybe Bill will take the stage soon and make his product better known.

------------------
"You can always tell a waterfowler, but you can never tell him much"

buck_master_2001
08-21-2000, 02:16 PM
That Gk call is an excellent call.I like the low end short reeds.That is why I bought my Saunders.That GK sounds just like my saundes.If I had the money I would buy that GK.I also want a high pitched call at an effordable price so I think I am going to get the half breed or If I get some money I will get the Traffic call.I really wish people would get to know Bills call.In my experiance they are by far the easiest calls to begin on.

wingfeather
08-21-2000, 02:19 PM
Hey Shawn thought we see you there as a judge this year since they retired you. There was only a hand full for the goose contest this year. Old Lynch Mob was a happy camper this year no one blew flutes all short reeds giant killers,Foiles calls and some mag cluckers and not sure what other ones. The show over all was the best one so far lots of people and sales were very good. Looking forward to Pte Mouillee should be great hope to see ya there.

------------------
Bob Alfieri, Take a Kid Hunting

Shawn
08-22-2000, 07:48 AM
Bob,

I had called the guy who was running the state contest to find out when it was and he told me he did not have a date or place and thought that he was gonna try to have it at the new Bass Pro. It seems that interest in our state contest has been dwindling over the last 5 years or so. I've been trying to get them to open up the contest to out of state residence like Indiana and Illinois does. We could really get a crowd of the countries top callers because the winner gets a point for the International.

The only other contest flute caller (Rick Owen) in Mi besides Todd was at the race down at MIS. I was supposed to go but baled to go to Iowa to a couple of goose contests out there.

I can see the head line in Adrian Daily now.
"Lynch Mob's Them All" "Beware of the Giant Killer" hehehe.

Shawn

michigander88
08-22-2000, 03:49 PM
Hey Bob,
Does this means the price of the GK is going up?????
MI88