PDA

View Full Version : Really simple

birdsrup
08-23-2004, 02:45 PM
when we all get back from a shoot and start cleaning birds we start the barbi and do this..

Take the first few breasts and cut them into strips about the size if 2 fingers not to thick though, use common sense. Wrap the sliver of meat in bacon..thats right meat surrounded by meat somthing men can really enjoy!! shove a tooth pick through to hold it together then throw it on the BBQ ..when the bacon is done so is the fowl works with duck or goose..it takes minutes and is freaking delicious ..keeps the guys motivated wile they're cleaning birds$$
P.S now when we get home with dead birds the dog waits at the BBQ..... go figure

good luck, Gordo

STR8MEAT
09-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Just to add a little to the above post.. We cut our geese in small strips as well and then soak in Dales Seasoning (buy at walmart) after soaking overnight wrap the meat around a peppercionne and then wrap a piece of bacon around the meat and stick a pick through it to hold it together. Cook on grill until bacon is done and then serve it hot and wihh some brew:VC: I had a buddy that did this and entered it in a cook off at a big party and he won first place...People that dont even like wild game will tear it up. Has no game taste at all and it good and tender...try it once and you will cook all you geese this way..

Chad

MDMIKE
09-15-2004, 11:10 AM
I tried this and one thing to add......I like my bacon real crispy.If you cook til bacon is crispy the goose will be a little chewy.Either I cooked at too high a temp or cooked too long:CF:

Cut-um
09-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I haven' t tried this recipe so take it for what it's worth but it sounds like you cooked it too long if you waited for the bacon to get crispy. Perhaps try cooking the bacon half way prior to wrapping the goose meat if you want it crispy. I prefer my grilled goose to be rare to medium rare, medium and beyond it tends to get tough. Birdsrup can give you the straight scoop but that's what I would do. Hope is was of some help...:TT:

MDMIKE
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cut-um
I haven' t tried this recipe so take it for what it's worth but it sounds like you cooked it too long if you waited for the bacon to get crispy. Perhaps try cooking the bacon half way prior to wrapping the goose meat if you want it crispy. I prefer my grilled goose to be rare to medium rare, medium and beyond it tends to get tough. Birdsrup can give you the straight scoop but that's what I would do. Hope is was of some help...:TT: [/QUOTEI tried this again.This time I didnt let the bacon get crispy...about half way done.What a difference.....YUM!!!

kirsch
10-06-2004, 03:35 PM
If you want to cook it a little longer or if your meat tends to get tough, here are some tips:

1) Pound the goose stips with a meat hammer/tenderizer
2) I leave the tenderized strips in a homemade steak marinate overnight. FYI, make some steaks at the same time and use the geese as appetizers.

I have found that by doing this and trying not to burn them to a crisp, the goose is really tender. Trying to take them off earlier helps as well but even if they do get burned, my strips are now still tender.

Also, the best meat I have found for this is the strip of meat that lies under a goose breast right next to the breast bone. Not sure if this would be the tenderloin of a goose, but it is even a different color (you can tell I don't know my meat lingo). These things melt in your mouth when you combine it with step 1 and 2.