PDA

View Full Version : Patternmaster Chokes??

BobinIL
08-23-2000, 09:54 AM
Does anyone use these chokes in an SBE? How do they work compaired to the factory chokes? I noticed that they come in a set of three with one ported. are they choked differently (ie imp, mod. full)? What kind of loads work best out of them for ducks and what loads work best for geese?

shootem
08-23-2000, 10:06 AM
I have a pattern master for my Benelli SBE I have patterned larger steel shot in 3 inch and 3 1/2 inch. It improved the core pattern a lot in all shells. The one I remember the most was 3 1/2 inch 1 3/8 oz Federal 1450 fps, Tís it doubled the pellet count in a 20 inch circle at 40 yards. I am going to try smaller steel shot and some lead shot with it later. I thing you may want just the long-range choke you may not need the 3 choke set. Just an opinion!

------------------
Gotta Love It!!

Flocknocker
08-23-2000, 10:21 AM
If you just hunt waterfowl get the long range choke that will do all you need it to do. The smaller the shot and the shell the bigger the pattern the bigger the shot and the bigger the shell the tighter the pattern. The mid and short range choker are mainly for lead shot. I will be trying them out with a bunch of different loads this week and next week, so I will have some good data soon.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

BobinIL
08-23-2000, 10:51 AM
Is the $125.00 for the three choke set? If not what will a single choke cost me? Does the long range choke come in ported, non ported or both and do you recomend using ported or non ported.

Big D
08-28-2000, 06:03 PM
Hey Flocknocker,

First off, great site. Been mainly a duck hunter for several years, but this year I'm going to concentrate a little more on geese. Learning a lot here, and I'll try and contribute when I can.

Did you get any patterning done on that Patternmaster?? I've been thinking of getting one, wondered what you discovered? I've heard that the pattern blows up with the faster loads, but Patternmaster doesn't really address this on their website. They just talk about the smaller shot widening the pattern. At what point is the load too fast for the system?? I'll probably end up getting one anyway, with all the good things I have heard about them, just curious of your results.

Thanks.

------------------
BANG! BANG! BANG!
DAMMIT, MISSED AGAIN!