PDA

View Full Version : Goose Video

Sprig
08-23-2000, 02:49 PM
Hey guys! I want some opinions here. What do you like to see in a hunting video? A lot of kill shots, calling instruction, set-up, etc.
Tell me what you think!

Chocolate Lab
08-23-2000, 05:37 PM
I've seen a lot of hunting videos and the ones I enjoy the most have a little bit of everything. Calling, decoying, shooting, etc. I also like to see a variety of waterfowl hunted in different scenarios ducks in the timber, geese in the fields, etc....

The Kirk McCullough videos for example, are nothing but kill shots and that doesn't make me a better hunter. The new Buck Garnder video has a little bit of everything, including a short section w/ fast kill shots.

Go4Ducks2
08-23-2000, 06:44 PM
Calling, calling and more calling! We all know what a kill shot looks like, and there are always a million decoys out, but to be a better caller one has to have something to emulate. Contest calling is one thing but to see somebody decoy birds with calling is totally different. Talk about the geese and what mood they were in as you call them in and why you used the style or cadence in your calling. I've hunting with some pretty good callers and usually they only have one style they have really excelled at. Lots of volume and lots a fast double clucking, but what are some of the finesse tricks to bring in those leary birds that ain't so dumb.

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

Blackduck
08-23-2000, 06:57 PM
Calling and deke set-up and scouting and blind building/set up(if it ain't something like an eliminator or a RIP). But of course, if you call in a flock you have to show the shot, you can't just cut away to show the next series of calling, lol.

upnorth
08-23-2000, 07:20 PM
ILL HAVE TO AGREE, CALLING! THE DUCK COMMANDER TAPES ARE AWESOME(FOR DUCKS), BUT IVE YET TO FIND A REAL GOOD GOOSE VIDEO. IM SURE THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Aaron
08-23-2000, 08:34 PM
Try the new Sean Mann video Autumn Harvest, its a great goose hunting video with good calling, great deke set ups, blinds, and it has the guide cam which is really neat. They also shoot a ton of birds!

cottonwood
08-23-2000, 09:03 PM
I recently purchased Autumn Harvest, it is packed with the right mix of all the things that make a great goose hunt. This is tastefully done and I especially liked the catch and release goose hunting after the bag was filled.

Blackduck
08-23-2000, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I agree with the above two posts about Autumn Harvest. How'd you guys like the two times they made grabs at the geese as they passed over the blind? One guy must of gotten his hand within 2 feet of the bird. He might have had it even, but it flared too quick when it saw him start to open the eliminator underneath it. That was cool stuff.