PDA

View Full Version : batter

gooseshell
09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
just wondering if anyone here has tried making goose nuggets and if they have any batter that worked effectively. I like it without any just fine, but I can't find a batter that sticks really well. Any suggestions. I have tried about everything

Thanks

chcltlabz
09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I have tried making goose fingers, and it was real bad! Very strong flavor, but I love it for ducks and snows.

I just use a mixture of egg and milk, then dip in flour spiced with Old Bay, then back in milk and egg and coat with breadcrumbs.

Works for duck, but made the goose I tried it with taste like a shoe.

Chasin
09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
I dont know if this will work for geese.

For fish after you put the batter on place chunks into the freezer on a pie tin for about ten minutes. It makes the batter stick much better for fish. It may do the same for goose. Worth a try...:CF:

nr_gooseslayer
09-27-2004, 10:25 PM
We just used a breading m,y dad bought at Walmart. I think it had something to do with Harold Einsley. All you had to do was use water with the breading. The breading stuck and made some killer goose nuggets.

Daffysdoom
10-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, why dont you try that with the pecan dusted goose recipe. The pecan dust/flowr/flocknocker spice sticks great. The recipe should be here. Good batter!