View Full Version : batter

09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
just wondering if anyone here has tried making goose nuggets and if they have any batter that worked effectively. I like it without any just fine, but I can't find a batter that sticks really well. Any suggestions. I have tried about everything

09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I have tried making goose fingers, and it was real bad! Very strong flavor, but I love it for ducks and snows.

I just use a mixture of egg and milk, then dip in flour spiced with Old Bay, then back in milk and egg and coat with breadcrumbs.

Works for duck, but made the goose I tried it with taste like a shoe.

09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
I dont know if this will work for geese.

For fish after you put the batter on place chunks into the freezer on a pie tin for about ten minutes. It makes the batter stick much better for fish. It may do the same for goose. Worth a try...:CF:

09-27-2004, 10:25 PM
We just used a breading m,y dad bought at Walmart. I think it had something to do with Harold Einsley. All you had to do was use water with the breading. The breading stuck and made some killer goose nuggets.

10-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, why dont you try that with the pecan dusted goose recipe. The pecan dust/flowr/flocknocker spice sticks great. The recipe should be here. Good batter!