PDA

View Full Version : GOOSE Hot "beefs"

Duxrule
10-11-2004, 03:53 AM
Breast out the goose, drop the breasts in a crock pot with a cup or two of water and some Montreal Steak Seasoning. Cook for 4-5 hrs on HI torque. Dump out the water, shred the meat and throw it back in with a can of Cream of ONION soup and a coup o' water. Cook on medium for a couple hours and serve it on a bun or hardroll. Can NOT be beat. My sister-in-law is a professed NON-GAME eater.....and she went back twice at Christmas for more!!!

nr_gooseslayer
10-11-2004, 07:12 PM
What is montreal steak seasoning and where can I get it? I didn't see it at the local super market.

Cut-um
10-11-2004, 07:54 PM
It's good stuff !!! :TT: It's nothing more than a pepper blend made by Mc Cormick and I buy it at my local market...:hest:

Brett Beinke
10-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Same recipe but add your favorite BBQ sauce instead of soup and you have the best BBQ sammiches around! Famous Dave's works for me! :hest:

skb20
12-02-2004, 05:31 PM
This is just an add-on to the recipes listed above.... and they are GREAT!!

When I hear about folks breasting geese, it always makes me wonder whether they are tossing the legs, thighs, and wings. To each his own, of course. The pertinent laws vary among states/provinces. Taking only the breast is legal in SK with wing attached for transport, but not in Montana (not saying that I necessarily agree with either approach). At any rate, the legs and wings do indeed work just great in the recipes listed above. We often broil or jerk the breasts and crock the legs, thighs, and wings. Yummy.

tentimes
12-02-2004, 06:15 PM
GREAT STUFF YOU GUYS ARE POSTING....GOT ANY IDEAS ON JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE...MON..
TENTIMES

skb20
12-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Sorry, bad use of terminology on my part -- I meant that we make jerky out of some breast filets, not the jamaican thing. Hmmm, I never thought about that possibility -- maybe time for a little experiment.:hest:

Trapper77
01-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Had to try this one and it was unbelievable. I used bbq sauce and it was amazing. Very easy and you can do a lot at once. Thanks for the great idea.

Trapper