PDA

View Full Version : awsome duck

Duckdogg
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Just tried this last night and it was awsome, the hen even loved it!

Take Duck breasts marinate them in whatever you like for the day.
put the breast on a cutting board and then slice it in half almost to the end (butterfly them)
Take them to the grill and open them up so the pocket is on the grill cook for a minute or so enough to brown the inside.
Pull off the grill. In the pocket lay on a slice of pepperjack cheese, jalepeno's and then slice of cream cheese (if you like) Close the pocket and wrap the breast with bacon to fully close, and put on the grill. When the bacon is done take off the grill and enjoy! This was the best way I've ever cooked this, wish I would have tried this years ago!

DUCKDIGGLER
10-16-2004, 03:46 PM
I just had this for the first time tonite..............WOW !! Absolutely awesome!!

A few tips from my experience:

Use regular bacon not thick cut or country style. The thinner bacon has a stretch factor that aids in keeping the duck wrapped tightly.

Use a healthy teaspoon of cream-cheese, too much and its all over the place.

Cut the jalapeņo in a long thin strip to lay in the pocket w/ the cream-cheese. This will allow a little piece of pepper in every slice of duck you eat.

Use a medium-high heat and be patient...took around 20 minutes to cook completely.

Serve with some mashed potatoes, grilled garlic bread, and cold beer!!

Bon Appite' DD:uh:

Bob Onit
10-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I've tried the cold beer part and I agree its great. I'll have to shoot a duck to try the rest.:cool:

Brydawg
11-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Bob Onit
I've tried the cold beer part and I agree its great. I'll have to shoot a duck to try the rest.:cool: :LOL: ...:cool:

Road Runner
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
So what do you recomend for marinating?

BandCollector
12-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Try this for your marinade:

1 cup Port Wine
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 medium Onion (minced)
1/2 ts. each Parsley, Basil, Thyme, Tarragon, and Ground Pepper (does not have to be fresh, I use the bottled spices found in the market)
2 ts. Grated Lemon Zest (optional)

Wisk together all ingredients and allow duck/goose breasts to marinate at least 24 hours.

Enjoy, John :cool:

Road Runner
12-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Ill try that!