PDA

View Full Version : Jerky Question

Joshua Folkerts
11-08-2004, 06:35 AM
I have never made jerky before so i need some serious help. I purchased a dehydrator a year or go for fruits and such but never have made jerky. So the question is:

I purchased some hi mountain original jerky seasoning and is does not say to add water, how is the flavors going to soak through and if you have used this stuff for goose, duck, and deer, that is the best method. It comes with two packs of stuff, one called CURE, other called SPICES. I am suppose to mix those according to the instructions but this gets confusing as time goes on... Please let me out.. thanks...... here is the website of the spices

www.himtnjerky.com hope that isn't spam. thanks

Joshua Folkerts

DUCKDIGGLER
11-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Josh...you DO NOT have to add water. I have the same stuff in my cupboard. I think it acts more like a dry rub, that is it actually sticks to the meat to coat it. From what I hear it is AWESOME stuff. I am waiting for a break in the work schedule to make a big ole batch of the HOT stuff!! Oh yeah!! Good luck and let us know what you think of it! DD:uh:

BandCollector
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Dear Josh, I have used the Hi-Mountain Jerky cure many times and I will let you know that you will not be disappointed. Just follow the instructions and all will turn out well. Good Luck