PDA

View Full Version : How about a give away for the kids>>>

Flocknocker
11-12-2004, 08:28 AM
I have made this forum so anyone can see the pictures, so everyone should be able to have some fun with this, like Grandma, Grandpa, friends and all the family no matter where they are.

Future Flocknockers Give Away! Sponsored by the guys on the Atlantic Flyway Forum. Man what a nice thing this was for the guys to do. Thanks guys!!!

Ok Guys, over the past several weeks there have been some great pictures and stories of Flocknocker members sharing the hunting experience with future hunters and or young hunters! So to keep these great hunts coming and to encourage others to do the same we are going to have a contest/give away!
Details:

1) Post up a picture or story of your hunt or hunting experience with a future FlockNocker!

2) All of the kids in the picture/story will get a few goodies we have neat stuff for all ages.

3) At the end of Jan the guys from the Atlantic Flyway Forum Moderators will choose the top 10 pictures/stories. Those top 10 will be then given a number from 1 to 10. We will let the Dow pick the #s for 3 days and the 3 kids who numbers are picked will get a back pack filled with Crayola brand stuff again we have things for all for all age groups!
Rules:
A. One entry per kid meaning one win per kid (although you can post as many pictures as you would like).

B. Is open to all kids/all age groups and not just sons or daughters!

C. Picture/Stories must have some fun details of the hunt or experience to win.

Our hunting future depends on our kids lets see some examples and get a few young folks out to a hunt!!!

Have some fun and good luck to everyone!!!

Oh and yes you can use pictures that you have put up of this season already, but only this season.

Cliff

CA DUXHNTR
11-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Great opportunity Cliff. Can't wait to get the younger generation out and about in the marsh/field etc. Hopefully I can add to the great pics we've been seeing this past season!

Thanks to the Atlantic Flyway folks!

Remember guys, KIDS ARE THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT. Get em out in the field, teach them all you can. Make the experience as enjoyable as you can!

win300us
11-12-2004, 11:04 AM
This is my sons first goose hunt with me he was not sure if he wanted to see me kill some geese or not I had to talk his ear off to get him to go with me. this was an afternoon hunt after school we set up in A wheat stubble field and before we got set up the geese started comming early so I got him in my extra blind and started calling and when the first flock came in I got A double and two singles and Bradys blind flew open and he started hollering like A mad man (or kid I should say) you got one you got one he flew out of his blind before the outher geese hit the ground and one of the geese had just A wing tip hit he ran after that one and after about A hundred yards he took A header into the fresh mud but still caught the goose. Meanwhile I started the comeback call and here came A single from the flock I just shot at and he came right in and landed in the dekes while my son was bringing in the goose he had caught. When he got back to the blind he had the biggest smile on his face that you could have. And said to me so this is why you go goose hunting all the time. Now I cant keep him home when I am going out the boy is hooked for life I hope:TT:

win300us
11-12-2004, 11:09 AM
This is my oldest his name is Cody this is his first year that he could goose hunt there was six of us out and we let him have the first shot and he shot this Brandt single that came in he is A natural I got him A short reed to blow on and it took him about A month and he calls very well already. He has been asking me when he can be A Flocknocker also

christian1
11-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Here is one of my daughter Rachel. She had just turned 7. This was taken on the third day of the early season. We got to this field in the dark. She had never seen headlights hit a deer in the dark. When we pulled into the field all these eyes lit up. She was freaked out :rof: . We set out 8 fullbodies and crammed into my Finisher together. It wasn't long and we had geese. I thought if we could just get one it would be worth it. Four geese later I was elated. We had one more flock work us, but they wouldn't finish. Rachel wanted to stay and try to get a limit, but I told her I thought we should just end it on a good note. I could have taken a 40 yd. shot at that last flock, but didn't. When we got home she told her mom that, " we didn't shoot our fifth goose because they didn't have their feet down". Oh yeah :pl: . Now all the girls (I have five) want to go goose hunting with dad. I will remember that day forever :Art: .

chris

christian1
11-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Here is another from further away. Shows alittle bit of the spead. Btw, the camo shirt she is wearing is mine. She almost drowned in it.

chris

nygoosebuster
11-12-2004, 03:35 PM
here is a pic of the results from the ny youth hunt this year.me and goosenuge took these to youths out.the one on the left is a relitive of goosnuge and the one on the right is rhett,my girlfriends son who is 14.we had 3 woodies on the ground in the first 15 min of the hunt.next we had a pair of singles come into the decoys and :wak: :wak: 2 hoonkers down.the next flock was around 20 birds and we had to specifie that they could only shoot one more a piece for the youth limit was 2 geese per hunter.the geese were almost touching down when we said takem and :wak: :wak: the last 2 hoonkers were down and hunt over.only one problem we had 11 more flocks on their way to our field so we sat there and took pic with our digitals of the flocks landing (some within 5" of the kids blinds).they did all they could to try and not jump out of their blinds and wack some more.a little test in patience. all in all we had a great time and got to try out some new tricks we wanted to try out

nygoosebuster
11-12-2004, 03:42 PM
just to show you how close these birds were and lucky to :CL:

pagoosehunter
11-12-2004, 08:44 PM
In the 3 pics that follow is Caleb, my son. He will be eight real soon. he,like I, lives for goose hunting. He always wants to go, help with decoys, retrieve, all the fun stuff, he is real good with a Scobey call and can flag along with the best. No doubt in my mind he will turn out to be a great flocknocker. This hunt was in September season, he was using his brand new avery youth model finisher blind. I would really like to thank the folks at Avery for thinking of the kids when they designed this thing. He begged for one ever since he saw the picture in Cabelas. That blind is his pride and joy, you should have seen him out there with his bucket of mud slapping it on the day he got it. When ever someone comes to visit, he has to show them his new blind.
On this morning we shot a number of geese, Caleb called to every flock like a pro, flagged like an expert and was just as exited as we were to be out there. It was one of those mornings I will never forget. Nothing could beat that smile. Looking forward to a fun filled future with my son, so far so good!! Thanks for giving him the chance to win something, it is nice to see all these flocknockers who take there kids along. :USA:

pagoosehunter
11-13-2004, 06:29 PM
This is a pic of Caleb in his youth finisher with his flagman flag.

pagoosehunter
11-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Here is another, he is thirsty after all the work...

pagoosehunter
11-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Wrapped things up early.

goose_caller
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Well this is a picture of Jacob, he my uncles nephew. He does not get out hunting nearly enough since his father runs the 4,000 acre farm that we hunt, since waterfowl season lands in harvest season he is busy. We pulled his butt out of the combine a few weeks back while his father was harvesting the same field we hunted. Well neither my father or myself really cared to shoot so we set up for just Jacob. The first flock came it and my father called the shot at 7-8 yards I suppose, Jacob comes up and pulls the trigger on his 20ga double barrel and 2 birds fall. How lucky can you get, 2 birds with one shot.....plus it was his first goose. Well the next flock comes in and they start to land 5-10 feet right in front of him and we tell him to shoot again, he ended up missing and I finished off our limit so we could get out of the field.

http://www.refugepics.com/members/goose_caller/Jacob.jpg

Jac E
11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
I am sorry i cant post pics but i will try to tell my story,
My two boys , 9 year old and 11 year old were hunting the summer lake wild life area last year on the opener we hunted all day and got our limits of ducks,we went back to camp and got there mom and baby sister we went to a private field to hunt geese for the evening we sat in the brush on the edge of the field and set out 3 doz dave smith decoys and waited for some action we sat there for a couple hours then my wife jabbed me in the side and pointed in the field at a flock of honkers flying in the decoys they landed and i told the boys to kill them i got 1 my 11 year old got 1 my wife missed my 11 year old and i called them back and my 9 year old got one on the pass we got all the birds and they were all banded honkers that was the first honker band for all three of use i will never forget that day.

Jac E.

AD
11-15-2004, 09:08 AM
This is a photo of my boy, Brody, on his first goose hunt. As you can see, he is excited as all heck just to be in camo and in the pit all covered up with corn stalks. It was a great day!

AD
11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
I forgot the photo!:CL:

AKAREDDOG
11-15-2004, 06:12 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p51e8a97011992f98a791230e4f415783/f6e2a965.jpg

This is a picture of Bret Roberts' my pride and joy. Bret set an unoffical world record at 7 years and 12 days old. Bret killed a dove on his 1st shot, and yes it was in the air. It was coming right at him, I about fell off my bucket when he shot it. This year at 8 years old he managed to get 7 doves one night.

Above is a picture of his 1st goose he shot this year in the Nebraska youth hunt. He shot this goose on his 2nd attempt ever, and yes it was in the air. He shot this goose at 18 yards with his 20 guage.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/pcac48f1bd2874a82629e032649d30753/f6df8629.jpg

Bret shot his 1st duck on the 2nd day of this years youth
season.

Now he has his sights set on shooting a turkey and deer. :wak:

Bret really likes to look at all the pictures on Flocknockers.

doug
11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
We arrived at the pond pretty early with four excited kids - my son Hunter, nephew Logan, daughter Courtney, and nephew Taylor. Hunter and Taylor were hunting - they each managed to bag their first redheads. Logan and Courtney were just along for all the fun - they both fit into a Powerhunter and promptly fell asleep before the ducks started flying. They all agreed it was one great morning!

doug
11-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Hunter and Taylor with their redheads

doug
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Logan and Courtney - Look Mom! See the blood on my finger!

Rail
11-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Thsi is my 7y/o daughter.. She started going with me last year... Her mother would bring her to the landing about 8 and I would motor back in for her.. This year she decided she was ready to leave with Daddy... So far she has gone with me 8x and I have yet to have to wake her up... All of her stuff is packed the night before and she just grabs it as she heads to the truck.... This includes her duck calls... At 7 she sounds better on a call than a lot of my hunting buddies... :Art:

Anyway, this is a pic that includes the 1st ducks she ever helped me work into the dekes.. She was actually blowing her call at the same time and we got them on the water... She thought she should hold my SX2 for the pic too.. And yes, it's unloaded... :st:

I love that smile... :TT:

GooseHunter
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Here is a pic of my step son from out early goose season and the begining of our 1st split for ducks. He had a great time which he always does as you can tell by the smile on his face and the brids were a plenty!! It was his firts time out for the season and had a great time having all the ducks circle around him trying to land right next to him....seems to always happen to him that the birds want to be in the blind with him Guess it's not a bad thing!!

GooseHunter
11-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Here is another!

GooseHunter
11-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Another!

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Let me start by saying that all these pics are great....that one with the young lad peering over the lip of the pit gets my vote for sure.

My young lad is eight now but has been coming with me since he was three. I'm lucky that he still thinks the old man is the schnizzle....hehehehe. We hunt together on Saturdays and he accompanies me rain or shine. I'm amazed that at his age he knows that some of the things that are said in the field STAY in the field.

He has his own blind and calls and likes to plink at barn pigeons and crows with his pellet gun

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:44 PM
He was out with us for the opener of the regular season

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Remember what I said about pigeons....

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Helped haul the dekes on jimbag's birthday hunt

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
enjoys a fine cigar (cattail) just like the rest of the boys

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:56 PM
and of course he's learned that "if you kill it you grill it"

STUBBLE BUM
11-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately in Canada you can't hunt until you're 12 - which is better than when I was a kid as we had to wait until we were 15. Not long now though. :cool:

salthunter
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/2716/christinaopeningday1.jpg

Opening day she had hundreds of ducks landing around her, she couldn't stop giggling.

m.mauler
11-30-2004, 06:18 PM
A day a young hunter should'nt forget for a while.The boys are 8 and 11 both have been on the river hunting since they were four. they never miss a weekend or a day when school is out they are hunting with me. both do pretty well on the calls also. the dog even got in on the act this day and decided to play dead with the ducks.The only way it could get better for a Dad is for it to happen more often
:wak: :wak: :in:

DUCKSBANE
12-01-2004, 05:04 AM
First pick is My 7 year old Jake on a NY hunt 3 weeks ago. Left at 1100 on a friday night. Drove 6 hours launched, gunned, slept in motel that night, woke at 0300, gunned and drove back at 12pm that day(Sunday). He never complained once, and begged me during the ride home to take him back the next week for a five day hunt in the same area. Sadly he had school so he couldnt come along but the boy sure has the bug.:uh: :TT:

DUCKSBANE
12-01-2004, 05:07 AM
And a bonus band

DUCKSBANE
12-01-2004, 05:14 AM
This is my other son Zak after his first goose hunt. When the first flight came I was watching the birds and calling when I heard Zaks voice in a whisper saying "there they are" by the time I turned and looked at him he was standing up and pointing to the birds 20 yards over head yelling" THERE THEY ARE DAD! SHOOT THEM! SHOOT THEM!":rf: :rf: :LAF:

DUCKSBANE
12-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Here is my two boys Jake and Zak together in the blind with our dog Remmington.

DrBob
12-01-2004, 06:26 AM
My son Bobby who we all call "Bait" with his very first goose shot on his own with his own 20 ga. He just turned 8 a few weeks ago. The birds landed in the hole. Now he wants to try 'em in the air just before touchdown like dad and his buddies!

I don't know if it was a good idea or not 'cause i might've just ruined him for life like all of us at flocknockers!

And he's getting pretty good at setting the decoys (IMPORTANT: Kids must be good decoy monkeys!) in the right pattern and is gonna start being my flagman this week!

bearclaw
12-01-2004, 05:59 PM
This is Luke with his first limit of honkers.

DrBob
12-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Here's a pic of VT Blackfoot (does this qualify as a siting?) with my little guy - we call him "Porgy." Porgy is 2 1/2. This was his first field hunt. Funny thing, VTB was with me when my older son "Bait" went on his first real field hunt 4 seasons ago.

The kid was real good getting up with us at 4 am and going out. He even layed in his own blind. At about quarter 'til eight the first flock appered and the little guy decided to have a "meltdown" when the first flock was working our rig. I think VTB and I almost had one too!

anyway, he fell asleep in the blind and we shot our birds. we were picking up when he awoke from his power nap smiling form ear to ear! The little black kid in the middle is VTB's son Diesel. He's 1 1/2 and looks just like dad!:LOL:

jeff kreit
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
here is my 2 boys one is 6 and the other is 10 it is thanksgivein day we killed 25 and 1 snow goose jeff sr --jeff jr and brandon

VTblackfoot
12-24-2004, 12:33 PM
not an action pic, but an after the hunt pic - this is my daughter Amber with Diesel after a late September hunt

Greg Owens
12-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Here is a picture of my daughter Malory and I from our anual diver hunt in Northern MN. These geese were kind of an unexpected bonus. It seems that one of the resort owners was having a few problems with the resident goose population. My Dad, Malory and I offered our assistance in taking care of this problem for them....

Have to tell you that this was the first time that I have tried to blend a couple finishers in with fire rings and RV's.... But as you can see we were successful, and as always, we had a great time together.

Greg

Greg Owens
12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Here is a picture of my daughter Malory and and son Gavin. (this is Gavins entry) This year was Gavin's first year to come out hunting with us. He had a great time with us out in the duck boat and will be comming with us every chance he gets from now on. And I can't wait to have him and his sister with me....

DrBob
01-01-2005, 06:24 PM
this's Pete S and his son jacob. Jacob made a vary far umarked retrieve on cripple. hadda be there - hilarious! anyway, the kid earned a steak dinner for that retrieve! nice job Jacob!

DUCKSBANE
01-02-2005, 02:37 PM
My 7 year old Jake with Remmington and a pile of ALL green.:hest:

SP10
01-03-2005, 03:00 PM
This is Cady, my 9 year old daughter with one of the two drake woodies we got after belly crawling into gun range. She got first shoot with her BB gun and swears that she broke the wing on the first drake taken. Who am I to agrue!! :TT:

SP10
01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
This is my thirteen year old Michaela, with our lab Maggie and a couple of woodies. Michaela completed firearm safety training last spring and found out that hitting a duck fleeing through trees with her heart throbbing is a little harder than clay birds. :Art:

Honkhntr
01-05-2005, 11:23 AM
This is the story of my son's first Goose...

I met Reeltime on the Waterfowler website a couple years back and finally this season we have managed to hook up for a few hunts... He has been real excited about the prospects of being the guy to put us into birds and see my boy get his first Honker. Well Reel called us up and said he had been scouting but there were just a few birds using the area he hunts. My son Shane and I decided to chance it mainly because I was off work and he was on Christmas break... And we have both gotten adicted to hunting with Reeltime, the guy is just all about the hunt!!!
So we get up early and make the drive to meet up with Reel, than follow him to a cut grain field hiking out in the dark and get set up. After we are fully set up and the blinds are properly grassed we hunker down and wait... For about 3 minutes when I hear Reel whisper urgently "Oh #@&* I think I left my calls in my coat in the truck!!!" Well we laugh about it for a few minutes and decide that I have my flute so we'll just make due with that rather than risk Reel walking back to the truck and possibly flaring birds... All this time my 14 yr old son is hunkered down in his layout with not much showing other than the bill of his cap...http://mpg.cc/honkspics/shanekickin-back12-20-04_large.jpg
We waited for about an hour occaisionally hearing honks, and a few turkeys calling too. Then about 8 am the first flight is spotted coming off the roost... I call a few times but they give us the cold shoulder and land on a nearby pond. So we wait... After about 45 more minutes we are hearing honks all over off our feet... then they start to become visable through the haze... two flocks of about 12 birds each... coming right for us... only to have the first flight pitch in with the birds on the roost pond. I get a little more urgent on my flute and somehow convince the second flight that we are where they want to be. They keep coming, 30 feet up and 70 yards out, then 50 yards out, then 30, landing gear coming down, 20 yards out... I whisper to Reeltime to called the shot... he does.... we come out of our blinds to Honks backpeddling at 15 to 20 yards... I watch Shane out of the corner of my eye... he has a bird picked out and shoots behind it with his first shot... but corrects with his second, I figure he has his first honk anchored so I go to work myself as does Reeltime. I pick a big ol' honk and hit him square with 1 1/2 of #2 Hevi... and he keep flyin', shot 2 hit but same effect, shot 3 finally puts him down for good... I jump out of my blind ready to congratulate my boy only to see only my goose on the ground... He looks at me in disbelief but with a huge smile on his face. He couldn't believe how close they were. After a few stunned seconds (I just found out Reeltime came up empty too) Reel and I walk out to retrieve my bird... as we get close there on an outstretched leg... a band... This was only the second band I have ever gotten... So we're way happy but sad too because we figured this filed would be a one flight shoot. So we take a few pics of my Honker with bling when we are rudely interupted by that heart stopping "Hrrrronkkk" we all love!!! We all dive back into the blinds in about .05 seconds and make sure were all loaded up... And finally spot a pair coming in off our right shoulders... I honk at 'em a few times and they pass by turning and losing altitude hooking back they come over my side, (At this point Reel and I had decided to try and land these birds to give Shane the best shot possible). So they come in cruising about 8 feet up and 10 yards to my left. Then just as I think they are about to touch down they pull the gear up and start to climb.... At this point I panic... and call the shot... Not the highest percentage shot. Trying to get up and turn out of a layout blind and shoot at going away birds.... So I fire first as, and I was behind the trailing bird... but my shot flares him and he pitches up... Just as my boy Shane touches one off... and WHACK!!! right in the head, drops that goose like a rock!!! Well the other gets away but my boy has his first Honk!!! I was about as proud a Dad as there ever was!!! Here's a few pics.... the first is my son Shane with his first honk, Reel time paced him of at 65 yards!!!http://mpg.cc/honkspics/shane-1st-goose12-20-04_large.jpg then one of Reel time and my boy!!!http://mpg.cc/honkspics/shane-evan-w-band12-20-2004_large.jpg Thanks again Reeltime can't wait to hunt with you again!!! Last one, the boy with the bag!!!http://mpg.cc/honkspics/shane-deadhonks12-20-04_large.jpg

goose_caller
01-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Dang, dats a lot of stubble on the first pictures blind....:Rich:

Wood Duck Wizard
01-07-2005, 04:53 PM
This is a great idea guys.
Here is a photo of my 9 yr old son Drake with a banded Drake Wood Duck. It was harvested on 1 Oct in NS with a couple of fellow Flocknockers Sahara and Bluenozer. We travelled 5 hrs from home to get to the hunt area and spent the nite before ina cabin so Drake really thought it was cool to be involved in an away from home hunt and he got to miss school as an added bonus. The woodie was gotten out of a small out of the way pond that holds lots of ducks usually, but it was not a banner year down East so we only got a few birds this morning. But the Banded Drake Wood Duck made the hunt for Drake it is his favorite duck and with a band on him to was a real prize to him. I really like this photo because I think it shows the wonder of a child in his face as the studies the band and all the colors are also a real treat. Also notice the pellet gun clenched in his right hand in case more birds arrive.

H2ODawgs
01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Here's two pic's of my daughter Hannah on her first goose hunt this past fall. She was 2 months shy of being 5 years old at the time. She laid out in the field under camo netting for two hours with me and my buddy and our 2 labs. She had a blast!!! We ended up with 2 greaters and two cacklers. She liked the cacklers since they were easy to carry around.

I went to pick her up from kindergarten one day this past fall. They have a board with things that each kid likes to do. Most kid's said playing, watching tv, etc... When I got down to her name it said "I like to go duck and goose hunting with my daddy". I was proud to say the least!!!!!

H2ODawgs
01-13-2005, 06:06 PM
2nd pic

Gooseblitz
01-14-2005, 07:33 AM
I took my 3 year old out for his first hunt in the early season. I figured at that age he needed a warm weather outing. I was concerned about having him in my layout and shooting so close to him so one of my buddies put on a standing corn hunt...his fields were partially cut so he set up benches and gunrests in the second row of corn and my buddies and I put out about 10 dozen bigfoots just outside of Middlecreek Refuge. I can't say enough about the 4 of them helping me put together a good hunt for Ty. He slept in the car seat in his PJ's until the dekes were set. I dumped a bird out of the first gang that came in and he was swinging his toy muzzleloader and going bang bang...he actually tells everyone who sees the picture that he shot the bird...we run out to get it and Ty says look daddy he got a band!!!Hollywood couldn't have written it better!!! He then sees my buddy Brian giving the neck spin to a cripple and says to me "daddy can I spin mine by the neck like Mr. Brian?"
One of the best days of my life.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/padf48a0e75cb7037abc648919da933ae/f6fb9cff.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pcb0ecf0a164b4b37406492fc75a58b36/f6fb9ced.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pc4ae2245d2a9edff3939dcac167a01a2/f6fb96a9.jpg

MDShore
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
This is a pic of my brother and his son Alex. This is Alex's first goose and my brothers first goose in probably 15 years. Was truly awesome to take my nephew on his first goose hunt and to have his father there to share in the experience. My brother and I are both active duty Air Force so we don't get the chance to do these things very often.

nygoosebuster
01-16-2005, 07:21 AM
here's a pic pic of my son brayden holding a late season goose. he always comes out to help haul the geese out back to clean.he says he is going to be in my blind some day

NWMOhunter
01-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Here is a pic from when I took my 3 year old out to the golf course hunt with me. Easy walking and not bad weather. I couldn't get a babysitter for the day so he played in a Finisher while we hunted. He freaked out when the geese came in and he loved getting to carry the geese back to the blinds.

I think I've made a hunting partner for life!

HighBall
01-16-2005, 03:07 PM
This is my son Logan, He's 7 months old now, but still a little young to head out. But as you can see, he love playing dad's toys too..... :TT:

Proud DAD :Art:

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/046701.jpg

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/046700.jpg

duckrig
01-17-2005, 11:29 PM
My 6 yr old on a very snowy day in N. Calif. We both had a great time. He just cant wait until he's old enough to shoot. His only motivation for going to school is to learn how to read so he can pass his hunters safety test.

csgrizz
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
This is my lil brother Alex (15 years old) with his first geese ever. He had anything but beginners luck with the honkers.

Several hunts this season where it was the "should have been here yesterday" variety.

One trip where the birds locked up and sailed over high but didn't finish and he was so fired up just by that experience that I knew he was a lifetime goose addict.

Finally last weekend it all came together and I was able to put him right in the middle of a nice flock of birds. To my amazement he kept his composure and not only killed his first goose, but his second one too! Man was I a proud bro!

This is a VERY COOL thread,

later,

CS

GooseHunter
02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Here another good pic!!

Double G
02-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Just wanted to post a couple pics of my 6 yr old who made my season by wanting to go each weekend with me. He would talk and play with the ducks and geese for hours so i had to snap a few pics.

Double G
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
With the goose!

Double G
02-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Clowning around!

Double G
02-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Master caller!

Warrdog
02-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Mathew harvests his first goose on December 12th, which is also his 12th birthday. He can not get into the field much because he has cystic fybrosis and can only hunt on fair weather days. I told him I was not shooting until he dropped a bird. The first three go's he sholdered his single shot 20ga and fired. Nothing dropped. The forth go was also on the ground. He took his time, the birds lifted and he fired. One of the two birds strugled to glide to the middle of the field. Another group whom had set up across the field had a dog that quickly retreived the goose. A short time later, they started to pick up and one of them got in his rig and brought the goose to Mathew.

Here he is with his trophy!

Bones
02-18-2005, 06:12 AM
Great Job Folks - there are some really Terrific Stories/Pictures!!!
All who participated should be pround of themselves for getting kids involved in our sport!!
With the season finally over - I will recap all who participated and the Moderators will pick the top 10 and from there the top winners - although all kids will get a prize.
Stay tuned shortly - I will need the addys of all so that each kid can get his prize!
Congrats again - Everybody deserves a pat on the back!
Bones:pl: :pl:

christian1
02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Bones, thanks for having a great thing like this for our kids. I'm soooo glad to see other dads taking kids hunting. Good job guys and gals :pl: :pl:

chris

ps-Bones, are you saying you want us to pm our addresses to you now or wait? thanks again.

Bones
02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Chris and the rest of the members, Thank Both Cliff and Rich, they are the ones who made this thing successfully happen. :pl: :pl:
Also thank the moderators - they are helping pick the top 10!
After we have the top 10 (which will be done very shortly) - then folks can send me there addy's via e-mail - but hold off until then and i give the word!
Bones:Wt
(ps - was also informed by Jossie that he was going to donate some handcarved pins to the top winners as well! Damn that is great!!!):pl: :TT:

Cut-um
02-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the credit Bones but I can't accept it.:NW: You were the brain storm behind this idea and deserve it all.:hest:

Let me tell you guys a little story about how this came about because Bones is way to modest. Some time a go, Bones approached me out of the blue and stated that he wanted to do something for the kids on the forum. I thought it was a great idea and passed it onto Cliff. He and Cliff worked things out along with Duckdiggler and you see the out come of their efforts. We had a great contest showing our future hunters having the time of their lives. Maybe we can do this again and have even greater participation.:hest:

It's good to see a member such as Bones step up to the plate and take ownership in the forum and promote our sport in such a postive way while doing something nice for the kids. My hat's off to ya buddy!!!:pl: :TT: :pl:

My hat's also off to Jossie ( Beeeeee'll ) for stepping up and donating some of his art work to the kids. In case you guys didn't know it, Beeeee'll is an acomplished carver and a very active moderator on the Central & decoy forum.:hest:

Thanks guys (Cliff, Bones, jossie, Diggler), people like you make "The Roost" what it is...:TT:

I might add that was the toughest 10 picks I've ever had to make, there were plenty of good pics submitted...:Rich:

The Baron of Bufflehead
03-02-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm gonna believe Cut-um on this, and congratulate ol' Bones #1. Way to go eh, Hoser!:uh: :rf:

Thanks also to everyone who helped out ('Diggler, Jossie, Cut-um, Cliff). Great contest and great cause!!:cool: It's just this kind of thing that (IMHO) sets Flocknocker in a class by itself!

Warrdog
03-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Hat's off to Bones, Cut-um, Cliff, Diggler, Jossie and all of the people who took the time to put our next generation of ethical hunters into the field. When done properly, they will look forward to creating many more memories in the outdoors with the people that are special to them. Thanks again and GO HARD!