PDA

View Full Version : cubed goose (good kid's recipe)

supernova
12-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Figured I would post up with one that the kids really like, and it is pretty easy too. It also only takes half of a breast to feed my family of four for a couple of nights but then, I have little kids.

Take goose breast and cut about the width of your finger (after making it a few times you can go a little thicker or more thin according to taste.) Pound goose breast until it becomes pretty thin with mallet or I use the handle of a heavy butter knife. Salt and pepper to taste and feel free to add other seasonings, I use garlic powder on mine but not the kid's. Dip into flour and pan fry in skillet with light amount of oil. It ends up tasting like cube steak, so I serve it to the kids on hamburger buns and ketchup.

They always like for me to bring home geese because they know the next night I'm making this for 'em. Sometimes I will cook bacon next to them and let the drippings mix with the goose. Adds a little different flavor to it.

IntheRig
12-14-2004, 05:38 AM
Ok .. I am hungry now .. you said bacon .... might as well brown some onions too and put it on a nice toasted hard roll .. with some cheese ... hmmmm

Have to try it .. thank you for the recp.

DUCKDIGGLER
05-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Try this out out!