PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with the chat room??

puddlejumper
08-24-2000, 08:02 AM
This is frustrating, guys. I STILL can't get into the chat room with my user name! It tells me I have a bad password. I try to have the system email the password on file, and it says my email address doesn't match the one on file with the server. What the hell!!! Did somebody already register under my username or something, or is anyone else having the same problem?

Hey Tiger - excuse me, Goose Hunter (hehe) - got any ideas???

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

shootem
08-24-2000, 08:26 AM
I have been in it several times, had a lot of fun. There was about 6 or 7 in there last night. Sort of hard to keep up some times. Try to register again or try a different user name.

------------------
Gotta Love It!!

puddlejumper
08-24-2000, 09:43 AM
Finally made it in the chat. Looks like somebody already has my user name out there. Got something close, though. I guess I wasn't expecting that user name to be taken already - it's never happened before!

See you guys in the chat room!

------------------
puddlejumper

Coho
08-24-2000, 10:07 AM
Someone got Coho in the chatroom also!?! So if the flames start its not me!!! Already taken and when I ask for my password neither of my emails work. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/frown.gif

Goose Hunter
08-24-2000, 10:19 AM
ok I'm going to try and explain why your nickname is taken...

The chatroom is on a BIG server, I created a chatroom on this BIG server, BUT, so have OTHER people. And these OTHER people who go into these chat rooms must have gotten your nickname regristered before you did.

All I did was put a 1 behind my nickname:
GooseHunter1

I recommend if you have troubles just put a 1...

Ok, so you guys got it now?

Oh and PJ, you like my win at the PGA Championshio... OH YAAAAAA didn't I tell you guys I was going to win.

heh

------------------
Tim Grounds is like Jack Nicklaus, and I, Goose Hunter, am Tiger Woods.

Coho
08-24-2000, 10:20 AM
When I chat I'll be "Coho2". Guess you can't register by chatroom. Someone has registered at sometime as Coho on that chatroom server/company.

OOPS saw your post Goose Hunter!! We musta been posting at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Coho (edited 08-24-2000).]

Goose Hunter
08-24-2000, 10:21 AM
See, Coho understands.

------------------
Tim Grounds is like Jack Nicklaus, and I, Goose Hunter, am Tiger Woods.

puddlejumper
08-24-2000, 01:30 PM
GH, oops.... I mean Tiger -

I got it crystal clear. It dawned on me this morning when I was trying to register that the chat room is affiliated with a BIG server. No problem here. I'll try and get in there later today and try it out.

Yes, your win at the PGA (is that the Professional Goosehunters' Association?? hehe) Championship was quite impressive!!Don't be surprised if Mr. Sour Grapes (Ston-ed Cold) gives you a good tongue lashing because he wasn't there! haha

------------------
puddlejumper

BBogey
08-25-2000, 01:49 AM
I had a heck of a time getting in, but finally did. Then I got a e-mail asking me to reply within two days to confirm, well the e-mail wouldn't go through... It was beginning to feel a lot like some of my hunting trips, so I quit! LOL http://64.176.94.12/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Dare to be Different!

Blackduck
08-25-2000, 07:01 AM
I registered and got my e-mail confirmiation, but the two day confirmation e-mail wouldn't work for me either so I just went to the chat to enjoy 48 hours. Then when I clicked to enter the chat the whole thing froze on me and I just gave up and came back to the forums. Oh well.

Blackduck
08-25-2000, 07:23 AM
It still does it. Oh well. How long do ya'll wait? When you click Enter Chat doe the page scramble? I'm just not getting in, but I am registered and it does say Welcome TheBlackduck(yeah, somebody took my name too).

Flocknocker
08-25-2000, 08:54 AM
Blackduck when I hit go to chat it takes it a while to load up. Very slow. I checked on buying a nice chat but they wanted $1,800.00 for it. Yes thats right $1,800.00. Just let it load and see where it takes you. Or maybe you have your computer set to time out very fast.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Blackduck
08-25-2000, 10:26 AM
Alright, I'll try. And yeah, $1800 sounds ridiculous.