PDA

View Full Version : Slings on your guns

Wtrfwlr
08-24-2000, 07:54 PM
Whenever I have bought a new shotgun, one of the first things I have done is put a sling on it. I usually have used the Uncle Mikes hardware. How many of you guys also use slings on your guns?

Mallardslayer
08-24-2000, 09:09 PM
I use one. I like them because when I go adjust the decoys I can take my gun with me and if a duck just happens to come by well, the rest is history, at least for him anyway. Just be careful if you bend over because the muzzle may be pointing towards the blind.
Shoot'em in the chompers

[This message has been edited by Mallardslayer (edited 08-24-2000).]

10gaOkie
08-24-2000, 09:35 PM
I too have used the Uncle Mike slings for some time. I like them because the buckle can be put on the bottom and they are light enough that I can leave mine on when I shoot. I like the 1.25" wide nylon one.
I recently found a new one that Uncle Mikes offers and it is the black 1.25" nylon but come with nickel plated swivels. (They dont rust!) Unless you have one custom made, I dont think this one can be bettered. In both the field and marsh, it is tops.

BaRtMaN
08-25-2000, 01:53 AM
all of the guns that i use for waterfowling have slings. they are very handy when carrying a big decoy bag and all the other junk we use.. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
"TAKE'EM" BaRtMaN

puddlejumper
08-25-2000, 07:26 AM
Another sling user here. You can always use an "extra pair of hands"!

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

Chocolate Lab
08-25-2000, 09:55 AM
I have 3 different shotguns I use for waterfowl hunting and all of them have slings. I use the Claw Rifle Slings on my Shotguns. The Claw eliminates any squeaks from the swivels, making it completely quiet in the field. They have non-slip, soft plastic rubber pads that is UV-stablized and won't freeze. GREAT SLINGS...check 'em out in Cabela's.

Flocknocker
08-25-2000, 11:18 AM
I use a Mikes also. Very handy to have.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

wingfeather
08-25-2000, 08:58 PM
I like the claw also started using them last season really worked well.

------------------
Bob Alfieri, Take a Kid Hunting

Coho
08-25-2000, 11:39 PM
I use Mikes. But like was stated..with a decoy bag, walking, crouching.. that muzzle can get pointed in the wrong places.