PDA

View Full Version : robo goose???????????

buckduck
08-25-2000, 05:05 PM
Robo duck and variations versions of it are the hottest thing going for moving decoys for ducks.Whats the hottest moving goose decoy?What moving goose decoys have you tried and how did you like the results?

------------------
Fight gun control.It`s hard to kill ducks with a rocks,and you might just keep America free.

[This message has been edited by buckduck (edited 08-25-2000).]

Go4Ducks2
08-25-2000, 06:33 PM
buck, I have a "robogoose" that was manufactured by me...its a G&H standard goose shell with a feeder head. I used a Tyco remote control truck...biglots 20 bucks, wings were fabricated out of aluminum sheet metal, its just like the ones you buy except I have the ability to control the wings forward or backward on demand...saving precious batteries... we used it towards the end of last goose season....it worked, but seems like when the geese got in close they stalled and started looking at it like "what the hell is that" while they were looking, we were hammering!! I don't think they are something that a guy has to have.

------------------
Goose huntin' is the best but I Go4Ducks2 (http://sites.outdoorsite.com/outdoors/go4ducks2)

Chocolate Lab
08-28-2000, 10:35 AM
We don't have a "robo goose" in our spread but we do have a "robo duck". It was my experience (hunting over flooded rice) that the geese do NOT like the mechanical decoys. I'm sure other hunters will say the opposite but it never helped us kill geese.