PDA

View Full Version : Wild Game Jambalaya

Pattoe
06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Here is a recipe I conconted for a wild game feed a buddy of mine has each year. It was a HUGE hit....I have been asked to bring it every year. Give it a try, I think you will like it. It goes best with a ICE COLD BEER CHASER..... Paulie

Pheasant, Goose, Duck, Venison, and Shrimp Jambalaya

Ingredients:
2 Pounds – Shrimp (Cooked – peeled and deveined).
4 Pheasants (cubed).
3 Goose Breasts (cubed).
6 Duck Breasts (cubed).
1.5 Pounds – Andouille Sausage (cut into ½ rounds).
3 Pounds – Venison Steak (cubed).
4 Tablespoons Paprika.
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper – To Taste.
3 Tablespoons – Thyme.
8 to 10 0z. – Hot Sauce (To Taste).
10 Tablespoons – Olive Oil.
4 Cups – Onions.
4 Tablespoons – Minced Garlic.
6 Cups – Chopped Green Peppers.
2 Cups – Chopped Celery.
3 (28 oz) Cans – Chopped Tomatoes.
6 Bay Leaves.
7 Teaspoons – Worcestershire Sauce.
46 oz (large can) – Chicken Broth.
3 ½ - 4 Cups – Rice (add more to soak up the liquid if soupy).

Instructions

Step #1: Combine pheasant (cubed), goose (cubed), duck (cubed), paprika (2 tbsp), salt, pepper, thyme (1.5 tbsp), hot sauce (6 tbsp), and Olive Oil (3 tbsp) in a bowl. Allow to marinade (while cutting up veggies).

Step #2: Combine Venison (cubed), paprika (2 tbsp), salt, pepper, thyme (1.5 tbsp), hot sauce (6 tbsp), and Olive Oil (3 tbsp) in a bowl. Allow to marinade (while cutting up veggies).

Step #3: Heat olive oil (4 tbsp) in a large stock pan. Brown the cubed venison steak.

Step #4: Add the Andouille Sausage and sauté for around 8 minutes (until all are browned).

Step #5: Add onions and sauté for another 5 minutes.

Step #6: Add the Goose, Duck, and Pheasant mixture, garlic, peppers, and celery. Sauté for another 5 minutes.

Step #7: Transfer all above ingredients to the Nesco Roaster (if you haven’t guessed, this recipe makes A LOT).

Step #8: Add the chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.

Step #9: 30 minutes before you are ready to eat…Add Rice.

Step #10: Lower heat. Cover. Simmer until rice is cooked fully (about 20 to 25 minutes).

Step #11: Adjust spice by adding hot sauce.

Step #12: Stir in Shrimp. Allow the shrimp to warm before serving.

Step #13: Remove Bay Leave…..And ENJOY.

DUCKDIGGLER
06-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Pattoe.....first of all welcome to The Roost!!

Second......that sounds DELICIOUS!! Can wait to try that out!!

DUCKDIGGLER
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
SUPER!:hest:

Pattoe
07-26-2006, 09:03 PM
You Like!! I need to make it again myself sometime soon. My wife got me a new SmokinTex smoker for my birthday. Been smoking everything in sight...kinda got off the cooking thing. May need to good up another batch.

Paulie

DUCKDIGGLER
07-27-2006, 07:12 AM
I hear ya brother....I'm in the midst of making 30 lbs of goose jerky as I type this.....day 2 with the smoker runnin! Made 15 lbs of Teriaki (sp?) and 15 lbs of Habenro......yeah buddy! :cool:

2Hnker
08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
damn does that habanero jerky ever sound good!

DUCKDIGGLER
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Ryan.....its better than it sounds my man!! :uh:

PM me if you'd like my SECRET!! .:MS: