PDA

View Full Version : Future Flocknocker Give Away - Part 2

Bones
07-08-2005, 02:06 PM
OK.................
Several months ago - we held a Future Flocknockers Give Away. It was an overwhelming success with tons of terrific pictures of our future in the field with family and friends-you members really out did yourselves with the contributions of pics and stories!
Well, how would like to do another but with a catch.................this one will be spring/summer theme!

Here are the details:
1) Post up a picture or story of your FISHING or TURKEY hunting experience with a future Flocknocker! Each picture will be assigned a # as it is posted - ex. who ever post first will be #1, the next posted will be #2 and so on.

2) At the end of August - we will put all the #"s in a hat and pick 10. Those top 10 will be then given a # from 1 to 10. We will let the Dow pick the # for the winner of the big prize - a spinning Rod and Reel Combo! The # above the it and below it will each win a tackle box filled with some gear.
Rules:
A: One entry per kid meaning one winning picture/story (although you can post as many pictures as you would like. Your first picture will count as the # and the rest will not be given a #)
B: Is open to all kids/all age groups and not just sons and daughters!
C: Pictures/Stories must have some fun details of the trip to win.

The Outdoors is a great place to share with kids - lets see some examples of it!

Have some fun and good luck to everyone!

(PS - make sure you buy some extra film this fall, there just might be another fun event for the upcoming Waterfowling season - hint, hint)

Bones

Cut-um
07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Look like a great idea Bones.:hest: In case you guys didn't notice we have a new mod here on the Young Guns Forum, thanks Bones for taking the time to help out.:TT:

M.I.C.
07-08-2005, 06:01 PM
This was an outing from earlier this spring. The first picture is the biggest bass that my daughter has ever caught. It weighed in at just under 5 lbs. It was a heluva fight for the Snoopy pole!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/905721/TDMMC-FishingwithKids008.jpg

NWMOhunter
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Here is a pic of my 3 year old son's first fish. It was a nice bluegill we caught down on the pond. It was his first fish and of course he wouldn't hold it by himself so his older brother is holding the fish for him.

NWMOhunter
07-09-2005, 01:37 PM
On the same day that my 3 year old caught his first fish, my 10 year old caught his first catfish. Same pond and same location. He's becoming quite the outdoorsman! I took him turkey hunting this spring but we never saw a bird. Hopefully this fall will be more successful.

Bones
07-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Great Pics Guys - so far it looks like I know who the 3 winners will be!!!hahhahaaa
Just to let you in on a secret - somebody else threw in a prize to go with each of the 3 winners!!!
Nice to see fathers out with their kids!
Bones:TT:

J Kryspin
07-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Bones - I have 3 Kahki DU Hats that I would like to donate to the Youth Contest as well if that's possible.

Bones
07-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Jerry - That would be terrific! The 3 winners will get a package of 3 prizes!!!!
Will shoot you a pm!

J Kryspin
07-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Bones - Just let me know if you want me to ship you all 3 hats and then you disperse the winners the entire package or you want me to ship separately.

Gotta support the kids!

Bones
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Bob Onit was having trouble posting his pic - so here it is. I let Bob tell the story!

Bob Onit
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks Bones. Someday i'll learn how to post a pic.
This Dennis (10) and Craig (8) with some early season trout.
I think they finally figured it out, you catch more fish with your bait in the water than in a tree. LOL
Good luck everyone!:cool:

teal-time
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Here is Daniel with his first sturgeon he ever caught. It was 44 and a half inches long. (half inch short of legal) He had a great time and caught 9 sturgeon and two stary flounder in two days.

brownaj
08-02-2005, 04:00 PM
here I am with my 2 nephews. They were borrowing their big sisters barbie pole.

m.mauler
08-07-2005, 05:37 AM
We were camping and a guy camping next to us ask the boys if they would catch him a few carp for his smoker. looks like they did a great job. from the left, my nephew Rhett and my boys Karter and Kody. Had a blast.

Joe

STUBBLE BUM
08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
I've come to the conclusion that there's more to life than chasing a dollar so I've taken Saturdays off during the summer and Mini STUB and his sister STUBBETTE and I have been hitting the water nearby.

I'm surprised they like fishing for walleyes - we'd chased perch up until about two weeks ago as I was under the impression they were still at the quantity period in their angler development.

STUBBLE BUM
08-16-2005, 08:39 AM
The next generation.....

STUBBLE BUM
08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Last weekend........

BEAR CALLER
08-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Well I'm not sure what number I am for this Bones but here is a pic of my nephew and Dad after one of our turkey hunts.

Lyle is a real go getter for the outdoors and loves getting out after the geese. He finally decided he wanted to get out for a turkey and my Dad and I took him out on his first turkey hunt and were lucky enough to get close enough to have him here the gobbling in the morning. After seeing a few hens a jake finally decided to come to the call and we were able to get a bird for Lyle. Nothing better than spending time in the woods with your Dad and a future Flocknocker.

Great pics guys, love to see the young people enjoying the outdoors.:cool:

Bones
09-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Well guys - Nice Job! You can't beat a smile on a kid that is having a ball in the outdoors! You fathers did an Great job and should be proud!!!
I am going to give each kid a number as the picture appears - if there are multiple kids in a picture - will give each kid a number that is in it.
Will put the #'s in a hat and have my son's pick the #'s!
Will post them up hopefully by Tuesday!
Now......................lets remember with the early goose season starting - bring your kids and bring your camera's!!!! There just might be another contest-:hest: :hest:

Bones
09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Well - here is the list of kids with their #:
1. NWO's 3 year old
2. NWO's 10 y/o
3. Dennis
4. Craig
5. Daniel - Teal time
6. Nephew 1 (brownaj)
7. Nephew 2 (with hat) brownaj
8. Rhett
9.Karter
10. Kody
11. Mini Stubb
12. Stubbette
13. Lyle

Since we have 13 - will have my son pick #'s out of a hat.
Will do this Saturday - so it gives me a day to fix anything if I missed anybody!
Again - great job guys (and there will be a little something for those who aren't the top 3)
Bones

Bones
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Had my son's pick the winners and they are-

#2 - NWO's 10yro (fishing rod)
#7 - brownaj's nephew #2 (tackle box)
#10 - Kody(tackle box)

Will the winner's poster please E-mail me your address!
Congrats to the winners - but I think all are winners.
(oh yeah - to the others - please e-mail me your addy as well so I can get something out to your kids as well.)

Jossie
09-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Congrats to all the winners....they were all great pic's and thanks to you guys for sharing them.:uh: :cool:

Thanks for doing this Bones. I know it is alot of work putting that all together and getting it shipped out......I'm sure all the kids will appreciate it.:cool:

STUBBLE BUM
09-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Good job Bones and congrats to the lucky winners.

STUB

:cool:

The Baron of Bufflehead
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Congratulations to all the winners.:cool:

Way to go, Bones-ey. You da' Youth Forum man!:uh: