PDA

View Full Version : Need a good dry rub for ribs

Jossie
08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,my wife just bought a bunch of ribs on sale tonight and I'm going to smoke them this weekend.I have a dry rub recipe that I have used but I'm not that crazy about it. Now I know we have some great cooks here so I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give up your secert dry rub recipe? I promise I won't tell anyone:MS: :rf: :MS:

Any help would be appreciated!:BZ: :BZ:

Pinfeather
08-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Jossie-

I had some shredded beef at a friends house last week and it was awesome. I asked for the recipe for the dry rub that they used and this is the guts of the email that they sent me in regards to how they prepared the meat. The recipe makes a large quantity that may be just right for what it sounds like you are going to do. I don't think you would be disappointed. The following is their message to me...

This makes 6 cups. I used about 1 cup for about 8 pounds of meat. Just make sure you rub in good and thick. Then let sit overnight.

I marinated the meat in Italian Dressing 4 hours no longer or will break down meat. Then I took it out and wiped it dry and put brown sugar and onion flakes on it and let it sit for a couple hours. Then I wiped it again and then did the rub.

My parents make it at the restaurant with just doing the dry rub and everyone liked it.

2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup kosher salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup garlic seasoning
1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup lemon pepper
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup celery salt
2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons whole celery seeds
1 teaspoon crushed cloves
1 tablespoon cayenne
1/2 cup Mrs. Dash original blend
1/4 cup salt

You can use sea salt instead of kosher salt. It is really cheap and by the salt section.

Jossie
08-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Pinfeather, thank you very much for the recipe......I know it takes awhile to type those out and I appreciate it. It sounds great,I'll give it a shot and see how it turns out...thank you!

Anybody else??

Rich or Cliff, was'nt sure if I should have posted this in the Off topic forum or here in the recipe forum.......I guess I know now.....sorry about that.:cool:

Cut-um
08-11-2005, 08:18 PM
If I forgive you, do I get the free "VC Hunter" haircut while sipping on a peachy drink while getting the "Duck Boat" butt wax???:CF: :VC: :CF:

Jossie
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cut-um
If I forgive you, do I get the free "VC Hunter" haircut while sipping on a peachy drink while getting the "Duck Boat" butt wax???:CF: :VC: :CF:

Now let me get this straight, you want a 6 inch combover and 4 inchs of butt hair (complete with cling ons) waxed off while sipping on a peachy wine cooler?

No problem..... I'll start heating the wax up tommorow:Cop: :Cop: :CU:

Cut-um
08-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I think I've been lied to!!! Damn Beeeeeee'll, don't hurt me!!! :NW:

I embrace 40'sh bald spot but don't put that 20'sh Manhattan cue ball look with 14 thrands of ear hair wrapped over and over and over again like a Central mod here....:Wt

BandCollector
08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Jossie, Check out this web sight http://barbeque.allrecipes.com/default.asp
I have found some great recipes as well as some fantastic rubs. I hope this helps you out and don't forget to come up for some air when you are eating those ribs.

Take Care, John Koutsavlis (BandCollector)

Jossie
09-01-2005, 10:23 AM
John, I did check the site out and really enjoyed it....thanks for posting it up! There are some good recipes there.:cool: