PDA

View Full Version : Texas Hunting Products recipe anyone?

christian1
10-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I got an envelope from Texas Hunting Products this week. On the back of it there was a recipe for goose tortillas? or some kind of mexican goose dish. I lost the envelope though. Anyone have the recipe?

chris

weatherby
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I'll take a look for it. I got it also, but i think i threw the envelope away :CL:

turboduk
10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Here you go

2 goose breasts, 2 limes
Kikoman soy sauce, garlic powder
1 yellow onion (softball size), pepper (coarse ground)
1 bottle of beer

Tenderize goose breasts. Slice completely through breasts across the grain, making each cut 3/4" wide. Soak in water overnight. Squeeze dry. This will make th goose slices absorb the marinade like a sponge. Lay flat in a glass or corning ware dish. Squeeze lime on meat. Sprinkle garlic powder and pepper to taste. Splash with soy sauce. Pour enough beer to just cover the meat.Marinate overnight. The longer you marinate the better. Start your fire which should be hot coals (coals,not flames), about 6' from meat. Use a disposable aluminum foil cake pan or wire basket. Slice onion and seperate into rings. Add some marinade, and cook with meat. The cooked onions are super. To increase smoke flavor, prior to putting the meat on,throw on some water soaked mesquite chips and the onion waste (skin and end slices) on the coals.

To make tacos,dice fajita and, on a hot tortilla put a handful of dices meat,some onion,tomato, grated cheese or pico de gallo.Roll up taco and enjoy this South Texas Treat. Serve with quacamole and frijoles.

christian1
10-12-2005, 05:37 PM
That's it. Thanks :Art:

chris

the finisher
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
man my mouth is wattering:hest: