PDA

View Full Version : Pulled-Goose BBQ Sandwiches!!

DUCKDIGGLER
11-11-2005, 05:05 AM
Ok guys here is a super simple recipe that is absolutely awesome!! The guys at deer camp were fighting over the last sandwich!! If you like a good pulled BBQ sandwich then this will quickly become a favorite.

Take as many breasts as you like and slice inti 1/4-1/2" slices across the breast. Check carefully for shot.

Throw all of the sliced goose breast in a Crockpot. Cover with Apple Cider and sprinkle some brown sugar in there....do not over do it on the brown sugar.

Let simmer on low for 7-9 hrs or until the meat falls apart as you stir it.

Drain liquid completely and discard.

Break meat up with wooden spoon or fork as you would see in a pulled pork recipe.......meat will be falling apart easy at this point.

Return "pulled" meat (no comments please....skb20) to crock pot put on lowest setting.

Now add your favorite BBQ sauce to coat evenly.....I like KC Masterpiece but any will work.

I like to add some chopped raw onion as I add the BBQ sauce.

Cover and warm for say 15 minutes.

Take your favorite roll and add a heaping ladle of the goose meat....serve with good chips and a cold beer......HEAVEN!!:TT:

Road Runner
11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
That my friend sounds good:tn: :Luv:

skb20
11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Sounds GREAT Todd. I'm gonna try it (just as soon as I can kill a few geese, that is). Tomorrow, I think. I (ahem!) certainly do not understand why you would think I might make some sort of lewd comment though. Do you really think I am some sort of an old preevert or something?? Please do not answer that. :hest:

skb20
11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Yessirreee Todd! That is one recipe to put on the "A" list for sure. Did up a bunch of goose legs and thighs, just scored them to the bone every 3/4" or so prior to cooking. Absolutely top drawer.

Thanks!

DUCKDIGGLER
11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Joe, glad you liked it buddy!

Its the least I can do....hell that Corned Goose recipe you helped me fine tune is nothing short of Legend around here already. The guys can't get enuff of it!! :uh:

Road Runner
11-28-2005, 11:51 AM
All I can say is DAMN!!!! Thats some good stuff Diggs:pl: Im having a gathering on the 10th and guess whats going to be on the menu.:hest:

DUCKDIGGLER
11-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Dave....glad you like it!! :uh:

quack addict
12-11-2005, 05:57 PM
any recipe that involves enjoying with a cold beer can't be to bad...

AllBusiness
12-24-2005, 06:25 AM
Tryin' it with Mallards as we speak.

skb20
12-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Ran a large batch of this recipe again the other day. The BBQ was great...... AND I removed about a pound of the meat maybe an hour early, just when I could barely break it apart but before it came apart easily. Then added it to a package of Zatarain's (sp?) Jambalaya mix and cooked up according to package instructions, adding a can of diced tomatoes plus some cooked sausage. Oh yeah, the slightly sweet flavor of the goose meat worked out great. Not much extra time or work.

AllBusiness
12-24-2005, 01:54 PM
The result...Ducks ain't as greeezy as geese so, a half cup or so of chicken broth/stock was added at the end. Still real good though.

Chenhyperborea
12-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Holy smokes .... just finished eating goose prepared this way - and Wow, I now have a new favorite. The wife also loved it. Thanks for sharing!

CamoHunter870
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Top notch Top notch recipe

Just got done eating some sandwiches with my parents and we all enjoyed the recipe. Cooked the meat with the cider for 12 hours yesterday on low and then put it in the frig since it was late. Shreaded the meat tonight and put it in a small pot and put it on the oven and stirred in cookies bbq sauce and let simmer for about half hour. Put on a bun with a few green peppers and enjoyed.

Thanks duckdiggler:cool:

Road Runner
01-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I use mulled apple cider, it gives it a bit of a sweet flav. I use Bulls Eye BBQ sauce bold original man o man its tasty!:Luv: Easy to make and tastes great! one of the best recipies Ive tried

2Hnker
01-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the recipe Todd, I cooked it up over the weekend at duck camp, definately was a hit

DUCKDIGGLER
01-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm glad you guys are giving this recipe a try!!

I am thinking about doing the same deal and adding a Sloppy Joe mix instead of BBQ sauce. Then add a few onions and finely diced green peppers and a few jalapenos....served on a bun and BAM!!

Thoughts???:hs:

AllBusiness
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm hungry now....

CamoHunter870
01-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Had it again but this time cooked 4 breasts and put a half cup of brown sugar in it along with regular apple juice since I didn't have any cider around. I also put a little kicker in it with a half cup of peach schnapps :VC: . Cooked it for alittle over 12 hours.
Just had it tonight on a reg. bun with green peppers & onions & some french fries and it was great again

Road Runner
01-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by DUCKDIGGLER
I'm glad you guys are giving this recipe a try!!

I am thinking about doing the same deal and adding a Sloppy Joe mix instead of BBQ sauce. Then add a few onions and finely diced green peppers and a few jalapenos....served on a bun and BAM!!

Thoughts???:hs:
Ya are you married.:rof:

Chenhyperborea
01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I made another batch of this using last year's snow geese and my wife took it to her clinic's staff meeting (she's a Vet) and it was a BIG hit. Even folks who don't normally like "game" let alone goose devoured it!

richnkwack
01-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Made this recipe tonight...WOW. I used Gates BBQ sauce, since us Kansas City boys know the finest BBQ sauces around and it tasted almost like a burnt end sandwich...w/o the fat. Very good dish that will be used again.

-Mark Wood

Lorie
02-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting this recipe, DD. I like Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce, myself. I will definitely make this dish again!

Lorie

Kingman
03-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Loved it diggler.

DUCKDIGGLER
05-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Bump

goose_caller
06-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Only thing I like to change is after I slice up the meat is I boil it for 5 minutes....it removes all the game taste and most people like it better from what I have found....might be just me? The stuff u skim off the top of the post is pretty darn nasty though...LOL

Road Runner
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Perhaps this should be tried with wildturkey as well?:hest: Might have to try that

skb20
08-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Road Runner
Perhaps this should be tried with wildturkey as well?:hest: Might have to try that

Been there... done that... got the extra waistline. Works just fine - a great way to use turkey legs, thighs, and wings!! (or entire bird, for that matter)

lightning
12-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Just enjoyed this recipe last night. Simply amazing!!!! Easy to make too.

IOWAFOWLER
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe. It was a huge success at the July 4th block party!!!!!! I didn't tell anyone what it was just set it out and let them start digging in. After the first wave of people came up and said that it was the best shreaded Bar-B-Que sandwhich they have had in a long time. I went ahead and told them it was goose meet. Everyone was shocked that goose could taste like that.

I'll be using this recipe for a long time. Its to bad I only have 10 breasts left. 57 days won't come soon enough.:TT:

Eric VA
07-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Another thumbs up!
Best goose recipe that I have ever made!
Fixed it for the first time today, took it to a picnic and everyone loved it!
Try it w/ cole slaw on top.

Easy & Excellent!

DUCKDIGGLER
07-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Glad everyone has given this great recipe a shot!

For those of you haven't.....please give it a try!

Eric.....a good slaw on top is hard to beat! YUMMY!

kupd'n'kmtd
07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Diggy - Here ya go man, you thought about some sort of Sloppy Joe instead of BBQ sauce... well here is my mom's sloppy joe sauce that I use all the time instead of BBQ sauce. I use this recipe as a base and after everything is mixed in, I usually will add a bit more of the different ingredients to my liking.

2 1/2 TBSP of yellow mustard
1 TBSP vinegar
3/4 Cup Ketchup
1/ TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
3 TBSP sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw some onions in and let it set for a bit to get all the flavors absorbed. Definitely my go-to recipe!

walleye killer
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Diggler, I tried this tonight... Absolutely awesome. It is now one of my favorite goose recipes. thanks for the recipe.

DUCKDIGGLER
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Jake glad you liked it bud......you sure have enough goosse for the recipe!!

Way to go buddy!DD

NWPAScott
09-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Cooked some geese up the other night using your recipe...well....sorta....because I am an idiot I used apple cider VINEGAR by mistake and was expecting it to be terrible but I pulled the meat out and shredded like normal and covered it Mamwich and it was pretty darn good!

Crazy_Farmer
09-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I've got some goose in pot right now. Also got some salmon on the smoker right now too, looking forward to dinner tonight.

Quacker-Wacker
09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Just turned on the crockpot . I am taking it to work tomorrow for the guy's. Thay have been asking for somthing for a month now! Will let you know how it turns out.

Flag'emdown
09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Tried this one out, and my wife even liked it! Great!!:TT:

whytey
10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Went hunting up in Ontario recently and told the guy's I was hunting with I had this recipe that was supposed to be out of this world. Well let me tell you it is every bit or better than what each of you have said. We ate it that night and had it again for breakfast.

If you have not tried it yet, don't hesitate to give it a whirl. :TT:

ftdown_takem
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Tried this out over the weekend. It was good but I need to get a better BBQ sauce. What do you guys recomend??

cgs2004
12-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I used KC masterpiece last time I cooked it. Turns out great!

Hopmeister
12-29-2007, 06:47 PM
I did 22 Breast for the Xamas Dinner for the family and the only complaint I got was that I did not bring enough meat.. Non-Game Eaters Snarffed it up and was asking for more.

Thanks for the Heads Up!

GOOSKI
01-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Diggler,

I tried this last night - very good! This will be a regular for me. Thanks

DUCKDIGGLER
01-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Craig, Very Cool! I am glad you liked it.

Guys this is killer also with Sloppy Joe mix instead of BBQ sauce. I like to sautee a few green and red bell peperes and some onion choped finely to add in with the SJ sauce.....serve on rolls......OH BOY!!

Flag'emdown
02-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Cooked this one up again the other day and both my mother-in-law and my own mother took seconds! Both were non wild game eaters, and want to know when I am cooking next! Awesome!

The Spank
08-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Whytey and I rented a cottage last year for our annual 1 week waterfowl whack'em and stack'em and he cooked this recipe up for us...IT WAS AWESOME to say the least. Great recipe. Thanks

DUCKDIGGLER
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Great to hear fellas!!

Almost time for a fresh batch!!

Try it with the Sloppy Joe or Manwhich mix.......damn good too! DD:pl:

whytey
08-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Well season is just around the corner and with some fresh meat in hand, it will be time to cook up a couple of batches.

DD, will need to try adding the manwhich mixture this year also, thanks for the tip.

jhartwig24
09-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I cannot wait til Saturday to get some geese and I'll have to give this a try. Sounds Tasty!

GOOSKI
09-04-2008, 05:20 AM
I've started out our early season with this recipe. I've said it once before, but this is one very good meal. A definite keeper. Thanks again for sharing.

DUCKDIGGLER
09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Jamie,

I like to sautee some diced green peppers and onions and then add with the Manwhich sauce. Damn good if you like Sloppy Joe's.

Enjoy Brother!

WTRFWLR82
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
DD-

Tried this one yesterday and Holy Aunt Jamima! Awesome recipe! I'm already thawing some more meat out to make another go around.

733SubDucker
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
I've been doing this recipe for a while now and love it. Recently I made this for a potluck fundraiser at my daughters school. What a risk!

But... it turned out great!!! Everybody was very cool with it it was all gone in minutes.

Quacker-Wacker
09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
I did this one again today, it just can't be beat!!! It's my "go to" goose recipe!