PDA

View Full Version : Armenian Marinade- goose tastes like steak.

Trteamer
11-20-2005, 08:12 PM
This is a fantastic marinade for geese, duck, beef, pork and anything else you want to try it on. My friends tell me that it makes goose taste like steak.
3 pounds meat, cubed 1 to 1 ˝ inches thick
1 medium onion, coarsely grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons salt
˝ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin powder
˝ teaspoon allspice
1 whole bay leaf, crumbled or powdered.
2 cloves garlic, pressed

Coat meat with onion and oil. Mix seasonings and sprinkle over meat. Cover tightly and marinate 10 to 3 days in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.

This makes a great Shish Kebab, or just throw the meat on the grill. With goose and duck you want the meat to be medium rare. I grill goose cubes in the grill for 6 to 8 minutes and they come out great. Cook immediately before serving and serve hot right off the grill.
Another variation that is good is to sauté some jalapeno pepper slices in butter, roll the goose chunk up with a slice of jalapeno inside a half a strip of bacon. Put a toothpick through it and grill until the bacon is done, about 8 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe, it makes goose taste great and you cannot tell it is goose meat. Surprise those who can’t stand goose.
Let me know what you guys think, it is my wife's recipe and now even she likes goose.
:cool:

Trteamer
09-06-2006, 08:21 PM
I posted this last November and not a single comment? LOL! You guys have got to try this one, it was a smash hit at the summer BBQ's. Even the women liked it.

I know some of you have some geese in the freezer after that opening day carnage.

My wife won't hunt anything she doesn't like to eat. Now all of a sudden she just might give goose hunting a try. Maybe buying decoys won't bother her any more.:TT: