PDA

View Full Version : Hey Honker_Wacker

Bones
01-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Glad to have you aboard!
Tell us a little about yourself! What type of gun, what kind of hunting(field or water), call, etc..
Bones

HONKER_WACKER
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
My name is Michael and I live next to Milford Kansas. I shoot a Benelli Nova with a Pattern Master. I normally hunt ducks on water but where they go I try to go. I hunt geese mostly on corn fields. The land I go on is ours because my dad farms. I got started last year when one of my sisters friends took me. This guy is an awesome caller. He is getting me started and I want to start out right so I bought a foiles SMH and a SMM. I have gotten pretty good with them to.

We had good luck the two years Ive gone. This year we had about 15,000 in one field, both ducks and geese (about equal number of both). and I shot my first banded goose this year.

For those of you who are on the Foiles forum I am greenhead on that.

Michael

DUCKSBANE
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Michael,
Welcome to Flocknockers. The Flocknockers crew are a great bunch of guys, and there is some great information to be had here. Sounds like you can add some good info yourself:WC: :TT:
Dave

bigredguy42
01-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the roost Micheal :WC: :WC: Not to knock your SMM but have you ever had the chance to blow an RNT. A couple of year back i started to learn how to call in fact im still learning. The RNT call was the call i picked up and its been the only duck call for me. I also blow a SMH for Geese. Well welcome to the roost hope to see a few of your questions

Art

HONKER_WACKER
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah I have tried a RNT Daisy Cutter. That call rocks but I think I need to get a little bit better before I go buy new calls. Its an expensive sport but it is definately worth all the money I put into it. I guess Im addictated. actually, I think I was hooked after the first time out!!

I LOVE IT!!:Art:

Michael

gw-smith
01-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Welcome to Flocknockers Micheal - this is a great site and you'll learn alot hanging out here. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Geof

Jossie
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Michael.....welcome to the forum, from another Ks boy. Be sure and check into the central forum and say "Hi" over there too. Have you guys been seeing any geese heading back north? Rumour has it that we have been losing geese this week. With this warm weather we have been having, it sure would'nt surprise me. I guess I'll find out this weekend.
Anyway, glad to have you here on the flock.:uh: :TT: :uh: :WC:

goosejuicer
01-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Michael,

welcome aboard! Glad you have signed up!

I shoot with a Pattern Master too and I love it!!

Don't forget to stop by the Canadian forum and say hi once in awhile.:Bn: :Bn: :Bn:

Flipper
01-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Welcome Michael, glad to have you on the roost!:Rich: Stop by the decoy forum or the Off Season Topic forum and join right in. I think you have found what a lot of us think makes life worth living, ducks and geese!

:WC:

featheredfriend
01-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Hey Michael, welcome to the roost. Great bunch of fellows here that really love to hunt.

You've got a good set-up going - I also shoot a PM choke in my Nova.

Consider whatever hunting gear you buy as an investment and not an expense... at least that's what I have to keep telling myself each time I buy something new. :LOL:

DUCKDIGGLER
01-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Welcome aboard Bud!! Glad to have you. Looks like you have great taste in equipment choices....I have been a PM fan for years. And you shoot the best pump on the market today!!

Look forward to your input and questions on all of out forums.

Welcome and have a great time......remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Fire away my man!:uh: :wak:

talltexasshooter
01-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the forum. This is one of the best places in the world to ask questions and learn. I have been at this for over 30 years and I still learn lots here. If you are interested in trading a hunt with someone south of you let me know. My buddies and I are already making plans for next year and Junction City was one of the possibilities. Hope you have fun here.

Flocknocker
01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Always good to see the young folks get involved. Hope you have some fun on the forum. Sounds like you got a good spot to hunt.

Cliff

BlueDevil
01-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the 'Roost!

:TT:

Call'em N
01-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Flock bud. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions on hunting issues.

:WC:

Matt Brimmer

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah - welcome to the Flock, Michael!:WC: Good to have you aboard. Like goosejuicer said; come on over to the Canadian Giant Killers Forum every now and then and say "hi".:TT:

STUBBLE BUM
01-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome Michael.

Sounds like you're off to a darn good start. Good plan - get all the good toys while you're still young.

Don't let the fellas on the Central Forum corrupt you...I don't think between them they got but a dozen birds this year. Just keep trading the same ones back and forth for pictures.

Enjoy the site.

STUB

jeff kreit
01-15-2006, 11:23 AM
great to see you on here great place to lean

BlueDevil
01-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the 'Roost great to have you aboard!

:TT:

Wood Duck Wizard
01-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the flock!!!!!!!!!!!!:WC:

M.I.C.
01-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Welcome Michael!

You're not too far from me - so, if you ever get bored of your spot, give me a call and I'll put you on some birds up my way!:WC: