PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Interests??

DUCKDIGGLER
02-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok fellas...we all know you guys are rabid about hunting the Honks and ducks....but what do you guys do to fill your time in the summer? Fish? Baseball? Video Games? Girls? Lets hear it!

For me its fishing and shooting sporting clays!:uh:

teal-time
02-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Where do I start. I have to skin out ducks and practice taxidermy.
Right now I am waiting for the snow to melt so I can get to fly fishing the local river. Once the weather moderates and the highs start to get above 55 I will start fishing for huge trout with a fly rod on Upper Klamath Lake. Until our Youth turkey season then I will be hunting turkeys from early April until the last day of May. In June I will start salmon fishing through July. Bear season starts August first and runs to the end of December. I could draw a certain Antelope tag in August. Then archery season starts in September and also fall run salmon. Not to mention dove, quail, and grouse season. Then it's back to waterfowl. So I won't be board.:Bn: I will also get one more goose hunt this month.
It's as if the season never ends anymore.:CZ:

Jossie
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Dang Teal time, are you sure you don't live in heaven????:rf: :rf: :TT:

Post up some pic's when you get a few mounts done, I would love to see them!

BlueDevil
02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I keep it pretty simple, I save all my holidays for the hunting season so I end up working pretty much all summer (which isn't too bad I'll take a long weekend here and there). I like working out at the gym to keep me strong to be able carry those huge honkers come photo time, I also pass the time trapshooting when I can to keep my skills somewhat in tune. LOL. I'll probably spend more time this summer practicing my goose calling, have sorta let it slide this winter.

:TT:

teal-time
02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Jossie I don't have a camera right now but when I get one I'll post some pics.

nut4dux
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
TT
When time comes you better just stay single!:Luv: :rf: :CZ:

teal-time
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
my buddy spends all of his time and money on his girlfriend. :NW: And I've heard that time is money and money is the root of all evil so that means girls=time+money convert that to girls=money+money and if money is the root of all evil then girls=evil plus more evil :TT: :LOL:

Bones
02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by teal-time
my buddy spends all of his time and money on his girlfriend. :NW: And I've heard that time is money and money is the root of all evil so that means girls=time+money confert that to girls=money+money and if money is the root of all evil then girls=evil plus more evil :TT: :LOL:
Opps - hit the edit post instead of the quote post on ya there TT-
Meant to quote you and laugh - You are wise before your time! ahahahaa
Bones

teal-time
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I guess I'm the only youth on here right now. I never did go goose hunting again decided to chase steel head instead. I caught my first one on that trip:TT:, but now it's back to being board waiting for the weather will get better. :CY:

Nerthern Waterfowler
03-12-2006, 07:08 AM
I spend lots of time doing stuff with cattle shows and golf.

Gotta love the girls too.

GANDERLANDER2
03-12-2006, 08:29 AM
i spend alot of time getting all the gear ready for next year in the late winter/early spring. i also go to all the archery shoots i can. the elk are just starting to drop so ill be spending alot of time hunting sheds. when the snow melts and i can get but in the mountains it will time to start camping with the family and/or scouting for archery deer and elk, then before i know it ,it will be sept. and time to start hunting again. i cant wait!!

Cut-um
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Tealtime, I did the math and you are correct...:hest: :TT: :hest:

The Baron of Bufflehead
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
:rf: You're a scholar, Tater Tot!!!!!:pl: :rof:

Bones
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Come on Baron - its Professor Tater-Tot! ....And to go one step further Professor - do you have the calculations of what happens when the little Mrs. becomes the little Ex-Mrs???:OUCH:
(ya taking this all in Teal time - :LAF: :LAF: )
Bones:hs:

teal-time
04-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I thinks so:hs: :hs:
I think what you are saying, but I like what Professor Tater-Tot said. It makes sence to a dumb home schooled high school student like me.:Rich: