PDA

View Full Version : Fried?

HighLooker
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Anybody deep fry duck or goose?
Seems to make anything else tasty just wondering if anybody had any good deep fired recipes/secrets?

sprigkiller09
03-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Well just like deep frying a turkey i have done a duck and it takes about 9 min. Just like the turkey it crisps the outside. Ways to make the inside better are to inject it wil spices, butter, herbs, whatever you want. No matter what though it does taste good. mmmm........fat....

oh and if that doesnt seem good enough include bacon and that will always make it better :nn: :rf: :hest:

talltexasshooter
03-20-2006, 03:07 PM
We deep fry goose all the time. Cut the breast into strips by cutting across the grain. Pound it out. Bread it just like you would a chicken fried steak. Deep fry and serve with gravy. It tastes just like steak fingers. If you need a recipe for the wet or dry ingredients for the batter send me a pm.

Cut-um
03-20-2006, 05:06 PM
It doesn't get any better than this...

http://www.flocknockers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16286

Brett Beinke
03-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I've cut goose and duck up into chunks and pan fired in shore lunch fish fry. Very tasty and a little dipping sauce like Famous Dave's and you are really set! I gotta try that recipe from Cut-Um, that looks really good as well.

Daffysdoom
03-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Cut um's recipe is the one to do! That jalapeno jelly is great. I get my mom to make a dozen small bottles at a time. We just pop one open at every party and plug in the fryer. Ived added other stuff to the goose like coconut as well. Good stuff!! Try some deep fried shrimp in that jelly too! mmmmmmmmmmm! :cool:

talltexasshooter
03-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Well it finally happened. Wednesday was my birthday and my brother had called the week before to ask what I wanted. I had promised my nephew 2 years earlier that I would take him duck hunting. We live 4 hours apart, and my brother never cared much for hunting so making this happen was proving extremely difficult. I told my brother that for my birthday, I would like to go hunting with him, my nephew and my dad. I thought that there was little chance of this ever happening. I got a call late the evening before from my dad, wondering what time to meet in the morning. He said that he and my brother were just going to go along to watch (they could care less about ever shooting another bird) but they would be bringing my nephew. I had given my nephew the old single shot 12 gauge that I had grown up with the year before. At 6:30 I met them at the pre determined location and was shocked to see no one but me wearing camo. I had not even thought of this possibility. Luckily, extra coats, hats, jackets, etc., etc. live in my decoy trailer for just these kinds of emergencies. After outfitting everyone we were off. Knowing the attention level of my nephew was going to be short, I decided to initiate him to duck hunting by jumping several tailwater pits that almolst always hold some birds. Well the waterfowl gods were surely shining that day. Every pond was loaded, and the ducks were past stupid. My nephew even got several chances to reload and shoot again. Then to beat all, two of the ponds had pheasants hanging around them that offered easy shots to boot. I got to experience one of the best birthdays of my life. I saw my nephew take his first drake, and my dad and brother were there to boot. If any of you out there have never had a chance to take a kid hunting, find a way to do it. It will remind you how great this sport is.