PDA

View Full Version : BB's in goose breast

Gonks
03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Guys, anyone have an aesier way to tell if there are BB's in the goose breast without cuttin git into a milion pieces. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried a metal detector or a powerful magnet of any kind. Thanks, Gonks

Flocknocker
03-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I get a big bag of chop sticks and I use one to run down every hole in the meat to get the blood, feathers and any shot that's in there out. I would suppose a good metal detector would work fine also.

Cliff

BlueDevil
04-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Gonks
Guys, anyone have an aesier way to tell if there are BB's in the goose breast without cuttin git into a milion pieces. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried a metal detector or a powerful magnet of any kind. Thanks, Gonks

I only shoot my geese in the head and neck area so the breast meat is preserved.....hehehe j/k. I just poke around the hole with my finger or knife which seems to work good for me. Sometimes I'll squeeze around the hole just to see if I can pop any feathers or shot out.

Dux-Gese
01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
you can buy the shot detector from nearly every big name hunting gear retailer out there...it's like a small metal detector

Backpeddler
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Guys I use to think the whole metal detector wand was unnecessary. However I wa a guest this past season at a farm and they cooked us goose breast and as I bit into one...bam! It buckled my knees. Even worse it cracked a bridge I had just spent $800 after insurance to have put in my mouth not 6 months earlier.

I have always checked my goose breasts and yet when someone else served it to me I never even thought about if they checked.

CamoHunter870
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Use fast steel loads and you wont have that problem :Rich:

But in serious, I have found using your finger or knife and feeling around the hole will help you find the pellets. Also make sure the holes in the meat are through & through's which helps to determine if theres pellets in the meat.

I also cut most of my geese into chunks to throw in the crockpot so that helps out too.