PDA

View Full Version : Here is one even the Chicks dig!!

DUCKDIGGLER
05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I really like this recipe. Its for a Tieriaki(sp) marinade it is awesome and easy. My wife loves the stuff. Here we go:

Take each breast and cut into 1/4" slices across the grain. Pound with meat mallet if an older bird.

In a large Ziploc bag combine:
1/2 cup soy sauce, I like the low salt suff
1/2 cup Tieriaki sauce
4 TB brown sugar
3 TB lemon juice
3 TB cooking oil
4 cloves of fresh garlic, pressed or minced very fine
1/4 cup red wine (sweeter stuff if you have it)

Mix up in the bag then add the goose meat. Press out all the excess air and place in frig for overnight at least, 24-36 hrs is better.

Cooking is up to you. I have grilled of open flames or have also used this in a hot cast iron skillet. Cook meat quickly searing the outside and make sure you do not cook it past med. rare. Its great served over plain white rice or wild rice as a side. Try it, you WILL LIKE IT!

webfoothunter
05-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks diggler for another hit!! Sounds great.

DUCKDIGGLER
05-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Steve....thanks man...my pleasure! Give this one a try ....make sure the meat is pink and you will LOVE it!:MS:

DUCKDIGGLER
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Just bringing this one up again for the new guys to try!

I had this again this evening on the grill...man o man....this is so damn good and easy!!

I subbed the wine with Coke and it was as good as ever....I think Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pip or even Root Beer would work too.

Give it a try fellas......and post up how you like!

Remember....hot grill and sear quickly.....makes for a super tender din-din!!

libertychesapeakes
09-11-2009, 05:30 AM
That sounds damn good.Gonna have to try this one.Thanks !!!!

Dale
12-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Alright I have an ignorant question. Is the marinade just a marinade or do you cook it down and pour everything over the rice? Thanks

DUCKDIGGLER
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Dale, I normally use it just as a marinade but I don't see why you couldn't reduce the left over marinade in a saucepan or small frying pan and then add a couple of tablespoons of butter right before pouring it over the meat and rice.

Let us know how you like it bud!